Transfer of Signatures

(disclaimer: i'm a paralegal working on behalf of a client in a case in which scannable was used to sign and send contracts. this is unofficial research and will merely point me towards better questions to craft in more official capacities.)

With Scannable, is it possible for physical signatures taken by one party in one instance, and be applied to multiple other documents without the consent or knowledge of the signer? What measures does the app take to prevent fraudulence?  What process does scannable have for transferring documents between users? Is there a digital history of document transfers? How would a user access that? 

• Level 5*

Hi.  You're posting in a (mostly) user-supported Forum which covers the full range of Evernote's applications. Scannable is only accessible via iOS devices which cuts out a big chunk of users - I am on Windows and Android forinstance.  Your best bet for details of how scannable works is to contact Evernote directly...

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, mcookhitefanning said:

With Scannable, is it possible for physical signatures taken by one party in one instance, and be applied to multiple other documents without the consent or knowledge of the signer? What measures does the app take to prevent fraudulence?

Scannable is simply a scanning tool; there is no legal auditing for signatures

>>What process does scannable have for transferring documents between users?

The primary purpose i saving scans to Evernote via internet, however email to users is an option along with other IOS share options

• Level 5

This is no official answer, And yes, if you need something official, contact EN. 

Scannable is up to my knowledge solely a front end for Evernote. It scans, generates a document (jpeg or pdf), puts it into a note as attachment and that is it. As most consumer scanners it is not build to create tamper-save documents. Anybody with a little basic knowledge is able to modify such documents - some are easier to change, others are more difficult. Example: A physical signature on white paper is easy to cut out, when it passes over text or graphical elements, it is more difficult.

If you need to know whether a document that exists as a scan was probably modified, you need professional help.