YEARS of files gone

LeeHK

I only have one account on evernote, when I open the app all my notebooks are gone the only thing left was my last 4 notes that I added in the last 24 hours. Years of notes gone :( anyone can help to retrive it? Im thinking maybe because Im using basic plan.

• Level 5*
6 hours ago, LeeHK said:

when I open the app all my notebooks are gone the only thing left was my last 4 notes that I added in the last 24 hours.

Which device/platform are you using?
Is there anything left; shortcuts, tags, saved searches?

Evernote is a cloud service - the master version of our data is maintained on the servers; accessed via the web platform at www.evernote.com

• Level 5*
6 hours ago, LeeHK said:

I only have one account on evernote, when I open the app all my notebooks are gone the only thing left was my last 4 notes that I added in the last 24 hours. Years of notes gone :( anyone can help to retrive it? Im thinking maybe because Im using basic plan.

Typically this situation is due to the accidental add of a second account, similar to the first.  Be sure you are using the right username and password.

Dtlow ... I’m using iphone for years and evernote is always there with, I didn’t have any updates on my phone but I will try see in there website I emailed some people there already but no reply yet! So will just be hoping for now....

Thanks for all the reply! I really appreciate it! 

• Level 5

1) If you are on a phone only, you can not "keep" notes there. A mobile EN app (iOS or Android) always needs to sync to the EN server. Even when you create an offline notebook on a mobile device, it needs to be based on a sync. So all of your notes are on the EN server.

2) This means there is at least one other spot where you can search for your notes: This is the EN web client, to be found at Evernote.com through a browser window. After logging in with your credentials, you will be taken to your notes in the web client.

3) There make sure you are using the "classic" version, not the beta or new version. The button to choose is at the bottom right of the page. The new versions sometimes do not show all notes.

4) All said leads to the conclusion that somehow recently you have created a new account. This can happen by accident, and your 4 visible notes will be the only content of this second EN account. You should copy the content (not the note itself) to new notes you create in the old account, delete the notes and delete the additional account.

5) If you want or need to dive deeper, you can sign into a paying account for just 1 month. This will open note history for you, which allows to go back in time to earlier versions of each note. This is kept even for Basic accounts, but to get access, you have to be on a paying status.

• Level 5*
20 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

If you want or need to dive deeper, you can sign into a paying account for just 1 month. This will open note history for you, which allows to go back in time to earlier versions of each note.

Lets first locate the notes
Note History can not be accessed if the notes are "gone"

• Level 5*
28 minutes ago, LeeHK said:

I’m using iphone for years and evernote is always there

That better be an iPhone with internet access    
As I said, Evernote is a cloud service