Bug: using Ctrl + Shift + V puts cursor at start of pasted text

Hello, can someone please tell me if there's a fix to this issue? It started happening a few weeks ago. Can't remember if it coincided with a Windows update or not. I'm on Windows 10.

If I copy text from somewhere and try to paste it into Evernote using Ctrl + Shift + V (to remove the formatting), the cursor ends up at the start of the pasted text, rather than at the end. This is definitely not the normal or expected behavior. Prior to a few weeks ago, if I tried pasting using Ctrl + Shift + V, the cursor would end up at the end of the pasted text. Oddly enough, pasting using Ctrl + V (which keeps the formatting) puts the cursor where it's supposed to be, at the end of the pasted text.

This bug is very annoying and I would love to know a fix if there is one.

Thanks!

• Level 5

I'm not seeing this happen, in a brief test; but then I haven't updated to the most recent v. 6.20, precisely because a number of bugs have been reported (and it doesn't fix anything that's broken in my use of EN). One thing that might be worth trying (if you haven't yet) is completely closing down Evernote with File > Exit (just clicking the red X box only closes the interface), and then restarting it, maybe with a computer reboot in between. This sometimes fixes problems that are caused by erroneous code getting lodged in the computer's memory.

Hmmm....I just played with it again and made a realization. I use Evernote to take meeting notes and I use bullets or numbered lists a lot. It's only happening when I try and paste after a bullet point or numbered item. 

For example:

1. test 
  2. second test 
  3. third test
  • test
  • second test
  • third test

It happens if I paste text to create a second number or second bullet or paste behind the words "second test" or "third test" in either a number or bulleted list to add to that sentence. Can anyone recreate that? FYI, I've tried updating to the latest version of Evernote and tried your earlier suggestions of signing out from the file menu and it's still happening (but only if pasting into numbered or bulleted lists.

• Like 1

Interesting, with your additional steps I was able to reproduce it. Using the hotkey, or right clicking, or the edit menu, the result is the same.

Problems with bullet lists and jumping cursors have been reported before, but I thought they were fixed already, I guess not quite in this particular case.

5 hours ago, Don Dz said:

Interesting, with your additional steps I was able to reproduce it. Using the hotkey, or right clicking, or the edit menu, the result is the same.

Problems with bullet lists and jumping cursors have been reported before, but I thought they were fixed already, I guess not quite in this particular case.

Thank you! At least I know I'm not going crazy or the only one who's experiencing this. So to confirm, as a free user, I can't request a support ticket?

1 hour ago, lafemmeliz said:

Thank you! At least I know I'm not going crazy or the only one who's experiencing this. So to confirm, as a free user, I can't request a support ticket?

Only to a limited degree, if you don't have a data loss issue, the following link might not help:

15 minutes ago, lafemmeliz said:

@Dave-in-Decatur Thanks for confirming Dave!

Would anyone with a premium subscription be willing to notify Support about this?

You could try posting a link of this topic to the following discussion, at least they will be doubly aware, if they aren't already: