• Level 5*
8 hours ago, Alias Rick said:

the internet suggests I search...

-tag:*

... but when I do this, I get notes with tags...

-tag:* works for me.  Can you post a screenshot.

• 4 years later...

I added a note that is untagged for my test.  I tried . . .

'-tag:*'

"-tag:*"

-tag

-tag:

and the new AI-Powered search.

The result was the same, "No relevant notes were found." Uh, what the??? There is definitely an untagged note. What do I need to do to get Evernote to find it? Help.

• Level 5

-Tag:* works for me as it always did, listing all untagged notes.

If you have only this single untagged note, it may well be that the search index has not yet been updated on the server, and synced to all devices.

In a test I did some weeks ago it took between 1 and 5 hours before tags applied to notes made it to the search index on all my devices. It seems whereas the content sync is instantaneous since RTE, the metadata is not syncing with the same pace.

• 1 month later...
  • Level 5
On 7/5/2024 at 5:44 PM, mjvovk said:

I added a note that is untagged for my test.  I tried . . .

'-tag:*'

"-tag:*"

-tag

-tag:

and the new AI-Powered search.

The result was the same, "No relevant notes were found." Uh, what the??? There is definitely an untagged note. What do I need to do to get Evernote to find it? Help.

Well, I once had an issue with a tag using some special characters, I think it was ">Archive" which I used to mark notes to put into an external archive. This tag was not shown in the tags list of the notes using it. Searching for that tag showed all the notes. I then renamed the tag, and it reappeared in the tags list. Could it be possible that the 'untagged' notes somehow carry such an invisible tag?