bug: searching in titles only on Android

Evernote for Android v8.11, still with the search issues... 

This time Android is searching in titles only.

I reproduced a number of times. Desktop search includes body of notes, Android does not.

E.g., I searched for 202008 and the desktop shows 2 notes, 1 with the search term in the title, the other with it in the body.  Android only finds the item that has the search term in the title. I've reproduced plenty of times.

• Level 5*

I tried this with the 8.11 version. Searched on "dowsing", which, in the desktop appears in only one note, and no titles. In Android, that note was found. So it seems to be working ok here; not sure what the difference would be.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
34 minutes ago, lisec said:

This time Android is searching in titles only.

Are these offline notebooks.
Are you connected to the internet?

Jefito, well now that is interesting.

DTLow, Yeah, I'm connected to the internet. Just regular notebooks; not offline, not "On device".  Proof: I just did another test with 2 notes: one with the word Fandower in the title, and one with the same word in the body only.  Checked that my phone got synced, it did. Looked at the files in my Cabinet notebook on my phone: both files are there.  Did a search: only the note with Fandower in the title appears.  Oh, and it doesn't matter if I complete the search (e.g., "fandower" instead of "fandow"), I get the same result.

Screenshots from my Pixel2, Evernote Android v8.11

image.thumb.png.25533598fc8eee58fd859b9a523a12f6.png

• Level 5*

Hmmm, ok. Let's break this down a little (and I think that this follows your screen caps):

1. Opened up my @Todo notebook
  2. Tapped on the search icon at the top right
  3. Typed 'dowsing'. That doesn't appear in any note titles, and no matches were found
  4. Tapped on the search icon on the popup keyboard, and the note that contains the word 'dowsing' was shown

So evidently the search-as-you-type results shown are based on in-title matches, but if you then press the search icon, it  returns notes that contain that text.

Yeah, I find that confusing, particularly since results are presented without giving any context.

• Like 2

Brilliant. You are right. You have to complete the search by clicking on the magnifying glass on the keyboard, presumably to 'execute' the search.

I can tell, I can just tell that I'm never going to remember to do that...

• Like 2
  • Level 5*
1 hour ago, lisec said:

You have to complete the search by clicking on the magnifying glass on the keyboard, presumably to 'execute' the search.

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking, too. I think that process could be clearer, but maybe there's a reason they don't do the full text search as you type on Android.

• Level 5
On 8/4/2019 at 6:09 PM, lisec said:

Brilliant. You are right. You have to complete the search by clicking on the magnifying glass on the keyboard, presumably to 'execute' the search.

I can tell, I can just tell that I'm never going to remember to do that...

I discovered this awhile back. I'd recommend the following incantation to improve the memory of it: "So SEARCH IT you stupid piece of junk!", followed by an aggravated tap on the icon.

• Haha 2