iOS Share to Evernote with reminder?

Maybe I am missing it, but is there a way to set a reminder from the “share” to Evernote from iOS? (ie the box with upward arrow)

It appears there is only an option to set the notebook and tags... which is unfortunate since it requires going into the Evernote App to find the new note and set a reminder.

Any suggested workarounds?

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, aukirk said:

going into the Evernote App to find the new note and set a reminder

confirmed; setting reminder is not an option in the share menu

fwiw  My notes are displayed in update sequence.  The new note is at the top of note list

• Like 1

Thanks... that is what I suspected.  Certainly not a huge issue, but would be a nice improvement if you could set reminders while sharing.

I was hoping there may be a third party solution, but I haven't found one.  FastEver has the ability to set reminders when entering notes, but you can't seem to send stuff to FastEver through the iOS "Share" menu (from what I have seen). 

I guess for now it requires sending to Evernote, then going to the "All Notes" in Evernote iOS app to set the reminder date.

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, aukirk said:

I guess for now it requires sending to Evernote, then going to the "All Notes" in Evernote iOS app to set the reminder date.

Just curious as to your user case for the reminders.

I use the share menu often to clip web pages, but rarely require reminders for them

Also, the clippings are directed to my default notebook (Inbox), and processed later within the app.

12 hours ago, DTLow said:

Just curious as to your user case for the reminders.

I have been using Evernote for nearly 10 years, but am very new to using the reminders feature. However, I have been trying to use it for emails to help reduce the number of emails hanging out in my inbox to follow up on something. 

Unfrotunately, my email app of choice (AirMail) does not give ANY options on the send to Evernote feature (no notebooks, tags or reminders), which means I have to process the same email twice (once in AirMail and again in Evernote).  Therefore, I have been using the Share function, which at least let’s me set notebook and tags, but it is a lengthy process to switch over to Evernote to set the reminder. 

I may start using the “forwarding” option for setting reminders, but then I lose the link back to the specific email I get when using the “Share” option.

It seems odd that the reminders feature is missing from the Evernote “share” widget, since they have had the reminders feature so long.

• Level 5*

@aukirk

Not sure I understand fully.  Anyway, the method to add emails to EN has three options, reminder preceded by !, notebook preceded by @ and tag(s) preceded by #, in this order at the end of the subject line.

Subject of the email !2019/08/15 @notebook #tag1 #tag2

Question might be why the need to get back to the email?  I do the follow up within EN not my email app.  For me on the rare occasion I want to specifically respond with the email I drag the email into the note.  FWIW.

Edited by CalS
Added OP
  • Level 5*
6 hours ago, aukirk said:

have been trying to use it for emails  ... link back to the specific email

I use Evernote to archive my emails.
- This includes note attachments, in both .eml and .pdf format
- I assign a reminder if the note is actionable

I include a link back to the email, but it's only valid in the short term; Evernote is my archive tool

As per @CalS, the .eml file allows me to work as email

7 hours ago, CalS said:

@aukirk

Question might be why the need to get back to the email?  I do the follow up within EN not my email app.  For me on the rare occasion I want to specifically respond with the email I drag the email into the note.  FWIW.

Thanks for the feedback.  I need to look into the way you attach the actual email, as I am not familiar with that.  Also, usually I am processing my email from my iOS device (which is how this started with question about setting reminder from the share menu).

Ultimately, the need to go back to the email is to send a response or follow up inside the chain after the follow up period I am hoping to monitor in Evernote. 

I appreciate the help...  

• Level 5*
36 minutes ago, aukirk said:

Thanks for the feedback.  I need to look into the way you attach the actual email, as I am not familiar with that.  Also, usually I am processing my email from my iOS device (which is how this started with question about setting reminder from the share menu).

Ultimately, the need to go back to the email is to send a response or follow up inside the chain after the follow up period I am hoping to monitor in Evernote. 

I appreciate the help...  

You are welcome.  Yes, I do most of my email/EN processing from my desk so it is easy to grab the email in the inbox (eM Client) and drag it into a note in EN.  Not so much in IOS.  I do EN heavy lifting in Windows.  EN on IOS is great for finding things and the simpler tasks, not so much for any complicated tasks.  My use case anyway.