Security in iPhone X series

Hasan Basriy

Idea

Hello, everyone!

Firstly, lack of an option for contacting the company if you are not paying sucks, because I am concerned about the security of my account, and I can't report it directly if I am not paying;

Secondly, the security issue itself. I started using iPhone Xs Max, which has face recognition for security. I think I have allowed Evernote to use this feature as well. But I think it should scan for face recognition every time I switch between the open apps. The case is that if I open Evernote with sensitive information, then open another app, and then try to switch between the open apps, Evernote is still showing the content of the sensitive note. It would be more correct if:

1. Evernote hide the content of the note in such a case;

2. Evernote asks for face recognition everytime you come back from another app.

Regards,

Hasan.

FB41807A-A8A3-48C7-9082-F941C8446792.png

5 replies to this idea

• Level 5

This is not an issue with Face ID, and is is no bug.

EN works like this on devices with touch ID as well. Once the device itself is unlocked, EN is open for use until the device is locked, or locks itself (timeout).

For iOS  apps, this is the standard behavior. I have few apps that expect an authorization every time I open or come back to them. These are banking apps, my password manager, authentication apps etc. I would not like to have Evernote restricted like this, because it is a work environment. Remember, there are many devices running iOS without Face ID.

If you want to make access more restricted for your usecase, you can set a passcode in settings of the iOS EN app, and define that it is needed every time you (re-)open the app.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, PinkElephant said:

If you want to make access more restricted for your usecase, you can set a passcode in settings of the iOS EN app, and define that it is needed every time you (re-)open the app.

Many people forget about this option. Thanks for the reminder :)

• Like 1
9 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

Thank you for the reminder indeed. I think that would solve my issue. Could you just give a hint where exactly should I go, as I couldn't find that in settings.