Detailed statistics of data usage, words count etc.

Asumm

Idea

I am an addicted Evernote user.

I've just realised that if one could see the statistics of their writing, they could be more activated in using Evernote.

Furthermore, it could help one better manage his Evernote repository.

It could be a Premium feature.

Regards.

8 replies to this idea

On 5/2/2019 at 10:41 AM, Asumm said:

Why not?

Basically you just have the statistics of what you have written in the Evernote, so that management of notes becomes more visualised.

I cannot see why this is not relavant.

Yes, it would be really helpful, but I don't know where Evernote is going, but they could do it.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, Asumm said:

I've just realised that if one could see the statistics of their writing, they could be more activated in using Evernote.

Not sure how important it is but the stats are available
Is the Evernote editor the best tool for writing?

Here's note info on an iPad         09A976C0-21C7-442E-9FC1-A55089962BFF.jpeg.80961156e44f3a24203c3a8cfdee55cc.jpeg

and Mac
                                                        1852673096_ScreenShot2019-05-01at18_21_01.png.5feeb0b24e6799ca03b7e105458ac072.png

Thanks for your reply.

What I meant by statistics is the stats of the overall activity, like how many words you have written this month and so on.

so that they could be plot like this:

1930633926_Screenshot2019-05-02at16_07_31.thumb.png.9182ace5971688ba0dd42c1fd8fc1446.png

Is it an existing feature in Evernote?

Regards.

@DTLow

@jefito

2 hours ago, MatS14 said:

I don't think it is, maybe you could track that on a different app?

I don't think Evernote is the right app for that, { At least not now....

Why not?

Basically you just have the statistics of what you have written in the Evernote, so that management of notes becomes more visualised.

• Level 5*
19 minutes ago, Asumm said:

Why not?

One of those use case things.  Not being a writer per se, not relevant to me.  Doesn't mean others don't need it though, and they can express their want by up-voting.

• Level 5*
On 5/2/2019 at 10:41 AM, Asumm said:

What I meant by statistics is the stats of the overall activity, like how many words you have written this month and so on.

so that they could be plot like this:...

Not an Evernote feature, but I could generate your graph on my Mac using Applescript.

>>Why not?

A problem is that Evernote is not my primary writing tool.  I use the Evernote editor for notes, but most of my work is done in Word/Pages; stored in Evernote as file attachments.

Also I store external data, for example web pages.  Would they be counted?