Remove All Completed Checkboxes

willowen100

Idea

8 replies to this idea

I use Evernote for making 'to Do' lists and quite often they can get quite big. Once I have completed a job on my 'to Do' list I usually leave it in the list because it takes longer to delete a completed job. After a while the list has lots of checked check boxes scattered around the non-checked check boxes and the list hasn't become any shorter.

What would be nice is if there was a menu we could go to and purge/clear all checked check boxes within a note so that it can be tidied up.

This would be useful for the likes of shopping lists where a subset of entries from a longer list has been selected. You could then filter the whole list for those checkboxes that have been checked. Conversely, filtering for unchecked checkboxes would be useful. It would be an idea to alter the updating of the filtered list to allow checked/unchecked boxes to immediately disappear, due to the active filter, or not i.e. you might want to see checked items on a shopping list rather than the active filter causing them to immediately disappear.

• Level 5*

I've merged similar requests for this feature

To indicate your support, use the vote button at the top left corner of the discussion

• Level 5*
On 4/1/2020 at 4:17 AM, willowen100 said:

I use Evernote for making 'to Do' lists and quite often they can get quite big. Once I have completed a job on my 'to Do' list I usually leave it in the list because it takes longer to delete a completed job. After a while the list has lots of checked check boxes scattered around the non-checked check boxes and the list hasn't become any shorter.

What would be nice is if there was a menu we could go to and purge/clear all checked check boxes within a note so that it can be tidied up.

IMO, EN doesn't do so well with classic to do lists, particularly if they are lists that keep growing and/or contracting.  Things like Wunderlist, now Microsoft To Do, and others work well for grocery lists and they are easier to share with a partner.  I've found that creating dynamic to do lists by adding a reminder to a note in conjunction with saved searches works well, for me anyway.  I get a note list that is equivalent to a do list and it adjusts itself as I add/close reminders.

Not saying this isn't a valid request, just saying there are alternatives in the meantime pending EN making any changes to checkboxes.  Sample of my saved searches included.  FWIW.

ScreenClip.png.016e7aa0fdc7b80d2eebc7b6b3378366.png

• Level 5*
On 4/1/2020 at 7:17 AM, willowen100 said:

Your wish is granted. In the Evernote Windows Application, you can right-click in a note, select "To-do", then "Uncheck All" to uncheck all checked todo checkboxes ina note

On 4/8/2020 at 8:30 AM, jefito said:

Your wish is granted. In the Evernote Windows Application, you can right-click in a note, select "To-do", then "Uncheck All" to uncheck all checked todo checkboxes ina note

I don't see this feature on my windows app. I used to be able to do this, but cannot now. Any more guidance?

20 minutes ago, Jay Edgar said:

I don't see this feature on my windows app. I used to be able to do this, but cannot now. Any more guidance?

It's only in the legacy version not V10. In V10 there is the added complication of both checklists and checkboxes.

The easiest way I have found to clear a checklist is to select the list, unclick the checklist button and then recheck it. This works well if you have a single continuous list but is a bit fiddly if you have numerous lists separated by text etc.

• Like 1