EmmaKC

top list view: remove/shrink new header bar?

Idea

In an update last year, I lost about 1" of screen space (top list view) to the giant font headline advertising the notebook title and note count (+ a ton of empty space) I'm in. Super annoying. Then today, without having run an update in three weeks, all of a sudden I lost another 1/2" of space to - again, giant font (I'm not blind...) - "tabs" to toggle between NOTES and REMINDERS below the previous waste of header space. I want to remove or at least adjust down the loss of screen space these two headers take up so I can see more of the note I'm working in or more of the list of notes I'm using. Help? 

(Sidebar: I don't even use reminders, so losing yet more real estate to the "opportunity" to tab to a feature I never use + not giving me the option to edit that now-1.5" header is absurd.)

2030555386_ScreenShot2019-02-07at10_00_28AM.thumb.png.c27d72898f8a6daacf1f8eb6153ceeeb.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 replies to this idea

I'm fairly sure this has been a problem for a couple of years. This post is 5 months old, and certainly many people working at Evernote thought to themselves, while using Evernote on their 16:9 laptop displays, isn't there anything we can do about this?

Like just eliminate the entire pane and such display a Search field? You can literally select a different notebook 2" away. And the actions on the right margin could easily be menu items at the top. This is such a glaring UX issue that I can't believe it's existed this long.

image.thumb.png.cebaab1ddf3993de2c6d41b9237bd11f.png

• Like 1

It actually gets worse when you search for anything. This indeed has been annoying me for years, too. I am pushing the list view viewport up and down the whole time because the header wastes so much space. I would love to see at the very least a "compact header" option, or in fact, just fixing this waste.

759421398_Screenshot2020-05-30at23_35_58.png.112580ba773271ce55fb8ab873219918.png

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, fnl said:

It actually gets worse when you search for anything. This indeed has been annoying me for years, too. I am pushing the list view viewport up and down the whole time because the header wastes so much space. I would love to see at the very least a "compact header" option, or in fact, just fixing this waste.

759421398_Screenshot2020-05-30at23_35_58.png.112580ba773271ce55fb8ab873219918.png

Windows has the same waste of space, side list or top list or snippet.  It's more apparent in top list as the air spans the screen.  I don't notice it as much as I use side list as default view.  

• Like 1

Moved to the Request forum.  Indicate your support using the voting buttons in the top left corner of the discussion.

• Like 1

This is definitely very annoying. The header in Top List View takes up almost 1/4 of the screen on my MacBook Pro 15". This is not even including the search results.