How do I create these boxes?

Nadya De Angelis

• Level 5*

Might be some HTML trickery that you cannot create in Evernote. You could create a note with that template, and export it from one of the desktop applications to see how they did it.

Of course, once you have it as a template, you can always make a new note using it, and go from there.

26 minutes ago, jefito said:

Might be some HTML trickery that you cannot create in Evernote. You could create a note with that template, and export it from one of the desktop applications to see how they did it.

Of course, once you have it as a template, you can always make a new note using it, and go from there.

Thanks. And what are those "desktop applications"?

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, Nadya De Angelis said:

And what are those "desktop applications"?

Evernote for Windows and Evernote  for Mac (as opposed the the Android, iOS and web clients) allow you to export a note to Evernote format, where you can examine the underlying HTML. See, e..g., https://evernote.com/blog/how-evernotes-xml-export-format-works/

• Level 5*
5 hours ago, Nadya De Angelis said:

There is a table with two cells, but within it there are who separate boxes. I cannot figure out how to achieve this. 

As per @jefito; I could work with the underlying enml/html code
A table within a table.  The inside table has three cells, the middle cell has no top/bottom borders

I think it's do-able.  Why do you need this?
It's easier to stick with the two cell table.

29 minutes ago, DTLow said:

As per @jefito; I could work with the underlying enml/html code
A table within a table.  The inside table has three cells, the middle cell has no top/bottom borders

I think it's do-able.  Why do you need this?
It's easier to stick with the two cell table.

It looks nicer that a two cell table. Makes a note more visually structured. But unfortunately it's too complicated. 

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, Nadya De Angelis said:

It looks nicer that a two cell table. Makes a note more visually structured. But unfortunately it's too complicated. 

No HTML/ENML expert, but a quick look at the ENML and the inner shaded area is defined as a box not a table. 

You can replicate fairly easily by triple clicking in the white space at the bottom of the left cell, copy, and then paste into a new table.  Then edit to your heart's content in the box.  Basically a cloning exercise.  Not too bad if you really like the look of it.

Archived