Get GMail message link?

mattyf

I'm pretty sure that this is asking too much, but here's my ultimate dream:

1) I receive an email on my GMail account, I read it on my iphone.

2) There is an interesting snippet I want to save in Evernote, so I highlight what I want to save and create a new evernote note containing the text.... from my iphone.

3) The note ALSO contains the individual GMail URL for that specific email, so if I want to reference back to the original email, all I need to do is click the link.

Any ideas?

• Level 5*
25 minutes ago, mattyf said:

2) There is an interesting snippet I want to save in Evernote, so I highlight what I want to save and create a new evernote note containing the text.... from my iphone.

3) The note ALSO contains the individual GMail URL for that specific email, so if I want to reference back to the original email, all I need to do is click the link.

Any ideas?

Can't do it today.  I believe a Plus subscription supports forwarding emails to EN.  So in the meantime just forward the email to EN and add whatever snippet info in the forward via copy paste.  You will be storing the email with the snippet in this case.  

• Level 5*
43 minutes ago, mattyf said:

Have you looked at Siri Shortcuts.

A  note can be created with content from the clipboard
I'm not sure about the GMail URL.  Is that just a web address?

In the end, I was able to get pretty close to what I wanted using "Shortcuts" fka "Workflow." Kudos to the people over at Automator.fm who showed me how to use multiple magic variables:

IMG_9391.thumb.PNG.82fa788a8855204b1175dba352523091.PNG

I was not able to grab the GMail URL without using the web based GMail on my phone, which I didn't want to do, but this is only a click or two extra. Hope it helps someone else!

Archived