Error 'Content is Too Long' Popup-Loop -Forcing App Restart! Bug-Glitch or Just Me?

I'm running the latest EN version 6.15.3.7881 (307881) Public (CE Build ce-53.2.6641), on a Windows 10, 64-bit laptop.

In previous versions when I came up against this 'Content is Too Long' Error Popup, due to my copy-n-pasting too many website screen-capture images in to the one note, I would simply close the error popup, EN would then remove the last image I tried to paste-in, and I would then resort to first saving my screen-capture as an image to my PC, then attach it via the paperclip icon...all good so far.

However, in this latest version, which thanks to EN has fixed all the BIG issues I was having with the previous version, the error-dialogue persists, again-and-again appearing on my screen after closing it. 

I have to close the error popup, then very very quickly close EN in order to continue working, otherwise it's stuck in that error popup loop.  Small issue but be nice if the EN team could get it fixed... as I do lots of screen-captures using the Chrome Browser extension 'FireShot'.

Anyone else experience this, and found a fix???

Cheers

Rick

• Level 5*

Hi.  According to your profile,  you're a premium member - which means the max note size limit is 200MB and you are saving a lot of images into one note.  Any chance you could set the options in Clipper to add a standard tag and just clip one image per note?  You could group all these notes together by searching for the tag,  and if there aren't too many they could be merged into one if that's preferred...

Cheers @gazumped

In this case I'm not actually clipping or using the browser clipper extension to save a single web-page to a single individual note.  In my scenario, I simply create a new note (or use an existing one), and then add lots of 'FireShot' (chrome extension) full-screen-capture images (of Many Different websites' entire scrollable page length) to the note... These notes serve as webdesign mood-board/repository of many site designs for me... that I can then browse through and get inspiration from..almost like a Pinterest board...  I think that when I simply copy and paste (CTRL+C >  CTRL+V) these resulting screen-captures of a website using FireShot into EN... EN somehow thinks its copying too many websites full-screen screen grabs into the one note...

But IF instead of copy-paste, I (1) save the resulting FireShot screen-capture images to my PC... then (2) upload/attach to the Single Individual Note, well, this now adds further steps to the process - which is the ultimate issue I'm trying to avoid... and yes I have no problems, and can attach images/files up to my premium membership note size limit of 200MB.

And using separate Notes or Tags wouldn't afford me this single reference source note I'm looking to create.

Most of the time I can copy-paste somewhere between 5-7 website screen-captures before this 'content too long' is triggered...then resort to saving the screen-caps as an image 1st and uploading, but again it adds steps/take more time and is a pain...  regardless, the focus of my question was the 'Content is too long' error-popup loop bug-glitch that is now being generated in the latest version of EN when I use the copy-paste too much to a single note. This results in my having to completely close EN down and then restart it....more pain! ?

I await EN technical team answer and will provide there response here... Thanks again mate

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, RavBoy said:

actually...just one last question @gazumped re 

How do you do this?

Highlight the notes and click Merge from the pop up.  Be sure to go to Tools - Options - Note to set the note merge options.  FYI when you merge notes you end up with all the notes combined in one note and the original notes in the trash.  So don't empty the trash until you have the merge note as you like.

I have copied my EN Support email chain re my issue below.  I decided not to explore the issue fully and simply make sure that in future I save any FULL-PAGE screen captures as an image 1st prior to adding/uploading to a Note.

Reason for not using EN to clip a screenshot is stated in the email below but copied again here ...  IF I'm doing something wrong, or IF you know a way to get EN to take a full page screenshot, then love to hear from you

"Part of the issue is that the EN web-clipper ‘Screenshot’ feature ONLY allows for the visible on-screen part of the webpage to be clipped, NOT the whole webpage.  There is an option to do ‘Full article’ clip but the resulting clipped Note is garbled/formatted incorrectly, or just doesn’t look exactly like the original… so for this reason I turn to Google Chrome extensions ‘FireShot’ or ‘Awesome Screenshot’  (screen capture addons) to create an image of the entire page. Both of these apps/addons allow me to copy and paste the screen capture image from clipboard memory to EN"

>>>>>  Email Chain - Copy   <<<<<<

Hello,

I think I explained the issue pretty clearly… but again the error ‘content too long’ popup continually loops (returns after I close it) preventing me from using EN, forcing an app restart.

This is the 1st time I have experienced the error popup-loop bug-glitch (only started in this latest version), BUT not the first time I have got the ‘content too long’ error popup message. 

Part of the issue is that the EN web-clipper ‘Screenshot’ feature ONLY allows for the visible on-screen part of the webpage to be clipped, NOT the whole webpage.  There is an option to do ‘Full article’ clip but the resulting clipped Note is garbled/formatted incorrectly, or just doesn’t look exactly like the original… so for this reason I turn to Google Chrome extensions ‘FireShot’ or ‘Awesome Screenshot’  (screen capture addons) to create an image of the entire page. Both of these apps/addons allow me to copy and paste the screen capture image from clipboard memory to EN… BUT if I copy-paste too many of these i.e. 5-7 then the error is generated… my only solution then is 1st saving all screen captures as an image 1st then upload the image up to my note file size limit of 200MB.

I also provided links to the post I made about this issue on the EN Windows Community Forum… so you have enough to reproduce the issue yourselves… Have you read it?

Don’t worry about it… I will just save as images 1st

From: support-webform@evernote.com <support-webform@evernote.com>
Sent: Monday, 24 September 2018 2:01 AM
To: Rick
Subject: #2662921: Error 'Content is Too Long' Popup-Loop -Forcing App Restart! Bug-Glitch or Just Me?

This is an automated reply to let you know we're waiting to hear from you regarding your recent support request.

Could you reply to this email and give us a quick update? Let us know if you’re having trouble getting us the information we requested, or if you have already found a resolution to your issue and no longer need assistance.

Here’s what you submitted:

Hector S. (Evernote Help and Learning)

Sep 21, 08:25 PDT

Hi Rick,

Thank you for reaching out to Evernote support. My name is Hector and I will be happy to assist you.

It sounds like you are getting pop-ups when pasting screen captures into a note. I would like to gather more information to better understand this issue.

·         Do you happen to know when this issue first started occurring? Were there any changes made that could have coincided with this issue?

·         Does this issue also occur when pasting the images on Evernote Web?

·         How big are your notes normally after pasting the images in them? The total size of the note should be located in it's info tab

Additionally, could you reproduce this issue and send me an activity log from the Evernote app? The information in the log should provide me with additional details to determine why this behavior is happening.

To send an activity log, please follow these steps:

1.    Open the Evernote app and sync your account

2.    Go to Help > Activity Log from the menu bar

3.    Click Save As to save the log as a file on your computer

4.    Attach the saved log file in reply to this email

The activity log contains a detailed log of steps that Evernote performs and is helpful for diagnosing the problem you may be experiencing. The activity log also contains information about your account, your device, and your location information (if enabled). The titles of your notes, tags, notebooks, attached files, and, if your account was having network syncing errors, some of your note content, may also be contained in the activity log. You may edit the log file to remove anything you do not want to send us. We treat activity log data as confidential information, and the terms of our Privacy Policy apply.

Best regards,

Hector S.
Customer Support Representative
Mon-Fri 6:30AM-3:00PM CST

Rick

Sep 20, 18:34 PDT

I just posted in the EN Windows Community about this issue... see:
https://discussion.evernote.com/forum/225-evernote-for-windows/

I also copied the message here:

I'm running the latest EN version 6.15.3.7881 (307881) Public (CE Build ce-53.2.6641), on a Windows 10, 64-bit laptop.

In previous versions when I came up against this 'Content is Too Long' Error Popup, due to my copy-n-pasting too many website screen-capture images in to the one note, I would simply close the error popup, EN would then remove the last image I tried to attach, and I would then resort to first saving my screen-capture as an image to my PC, then attach it via the paperclip icon...all good so far.

However, in this latest version, which thanks to EN has fixed all the BIG issues I was having with the previous version, the error-dialogue persists, again-and-again appearing on my screen after closing it.

I have to close the error popup, then very very quickly close EN in order to continue working, otherwise it's stuck in that error popup loop. Small issue but be nice if the EN team could get it fixed... as I do lots of screen-captures using the Chrome Browser extension 'FireShot'.

Cheers

Rick

Evernote Corporation, 305 Walnut Street, Redwood City, CA, 94063, USA

• Level 5*
11 hours ago, RavBoy said:

Part of the issue is that the EN web-clipper ‘Screenshot’ feature ONLY allows for the visible on-screen part of the webpage to be clipped, NOT the whole webpage. 

When I want a full page screen shot I use Awesome Screenshot.  It's an extension for Chrome and Firefox.  If not a full page screen shot I typically use the Capture Screen feature of the desktop app, not Clipper.   FWIW.

Archived