Note 'Cleanup' feature

Perhaps this feature exists, but if not, I'd like to suggest adding it.  Microsoft Outlook has a feature called 'mailbox cleanup'.  In it, you can elect an option that will look back at e-mail that is over 90-days old for cleaning out old material from your e-mail.

I would like to see something similar added to Evernote.  Of course, one can create the same conditions manually, but it would expedite matters if a scan could be conducted on Evernote's end.  Thus, outdated notes could easily be eliminated, freeing up additional space and keeping content in Evernote updated and relevant.

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, fever said:

Of course, one can create the same conditions manually

This would  be my solution; it's easy to list notes in date sequence and delete older notes.
I could even automate this with a script (Mac)

I don't feel the need in "cleaning" my 12GB database.  I know there's a possibility I may never look at many notes.  However these notes cause little overhead, and are available when I need them.

I do review my notes in size sequence just to clean up overly large notes.

• Level 5
38 minutes ago, fever said:

Thus, outdated notes could easily be eliminated, freeing up additional space and keeping content in Evernote updated and relevant.

No, no, no. Even it if an option.

I have Evernote notes going back decades. Currently, it is very easy to sort the dates by "Created"  or "Updated" and then let the user decide what should or should not be deleted. I shudder to think of the pain that will be caused by a bug in an automatic Evernote delete feature.

Archived