Minimum width of the Note List still too wide

Don Dz

Idea

I am sure this must have been discussed/requested somewhere, but I have never seen it:

I am requesting more leeway with the width of the Note List, I often find it is not narrow enough for my needs, depending on what I am doing (especially if I enlarge the font size or reduce the resolution, as I do sometimes), and hiding it is often not the answer I am looking for.

Thanks for listening.

4 replies to this idea

2 hours ago, gazumped said:

Hiding is my goto option if the screen is too crowded - F11 to toggle it off and on...

I usually try to see everything at the same time, which is hard to do if I cannot shrink all the columns sufficiently. 

This is why I find Evernote Windows better than Evernote mobile (Android or iOS), the bird's eye view.

• Level 5*

I'm maintaining one shared notebook with about 200 notes.  I find f11 helps me find the note I need to edit,  switch off the list,  then switch it back on to go to the next.  Unless you keep all your note titles very small,  very short,  or allow them to wrap and see only a few,  I'm not sure how Evernote could help you keep them on screen..  But:  whatever works!

• Level 5*
15 hours ago, Don Dz said:

I am sure this must have been discussed/requested somewhere, but I have never seen it:

I am requesting more leeway with the width of the Note List, I often find it is not narrow enough for my needs, depending on what I am doing (especially if I enlarge the font size or reduce the resolution, as I do sometimes), and hiding it is often not the answer I am looking for.

Thanks for listening.

I keep the left panel closed (F10) which creates space for the note list and/or the note window.  That and a 24" monitor seem to do the trick without excess scrunching of the note list.  FWIW.

Archived