Problem adding tag to multiple notes

In the last couple versions of Evernote for Windows, I cannot add a tag to multiple notes. Not a problem to add a tag to a single note, but the 'multiple notes tagging' feature was very useful and I miss it. Am I missing something that has changed from earlier versions? I used to be able to select as many notes as needed and add or delete a tag in a single step, a great convenience!

• Level 5*

I moved the discussion to the Windows forum.  It's even better if you can post in the feedback discussion for the release.

I suspect this is a bug, and not intended.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, edbattle said:

In the last couple versions of Evernote for Windows, I cannot add a tag to multiple notes. Not a problem to add a tag to a single note, but the 'multiple notes tagging' feature was very useful and I miss it. Am I missing something that has changed from earlier versions? I used to be able to select as many notes as needed and add or delete a tag in a single step, a great convenience!

Are you using Ctrl+Alt+T to add tags to multiple selected notes?

CalS: Yes, I am using Ctrl+Alt+T as always. I then add a tag and Evernote tells me it will add the tag to the selected notes. EXCEPT it doesn't add the tag to the selected notes, no matter how long I wait. Annoying, as 'multiple notes tagging' worked seamlessly in earlier versions of Evernote for Windows, which I have been using for at least 5 years.

• Level 5*
8 hours ago, edbattle said:

CalS: Yes, I am using Ctrl+Alt+T as always. I then add a tag and Evernote tells me it will add the tag to the selected notes. EXCEPT it doesn't add the tag to the selected notes, no matter how long I wait. Annoying, as 'multiple notes tagging' worked seamlessly in earlier versions of Evernote for Windows, which I have been using for at least 5 years.

I am still running 6.13.14.7474, didn't care for the first feedback on the 6.14 Beta.  With this release I can still use Ctrl+Alt+T to assign tags or to add new tags  The add is instantaneous.  No changes to how Ctrl+Alt+T works for me.  What version are you running? 

Old standby is to try a File - Exit to see if things clear up.  Quick and easy and no harm no matter the outcome.

CalS, gazumped: Two days ago I downloaded 6.13.14.7474, in the hope that the current EN Windows version might solve the 'multiple tag' problem that I first noticed in the previous version. Didn't solve the problem, so I then posted to the Forum. I have tried File Exit, cold boot of the PC, anything I could think of to clear caches, et al. 

Seems to be a relatively minor glitch with software, not data, but it was a tagging option I used constantly. I posted to the Forum to see if other users had the problem and had found a fix. 

I had a really annoying problem with Evernote a couple years ago where the software couldn't find the local database for love or money. I finally resolved that problem by totally wiping Evernote from the computer and reinstalling and reloading data from the web, a time-consuming big deal. My current issue is minor by comparison, EXCEPT that I find tagging very efficient, in many use cases a better approach than global searches, so I am hoping I can find a fix.

CalS: Thanks for your help! I DID find a fix.

I deleted the EN Windows software on PC, including the Evernote databases. Reinstalled EN Windows and Synced the web version to the computer. Took a couple hours, given large number of notes in Evernote, but 'multiple tagging' now works. 

Why this fix worked, who knows? Since the problem continued over two software versions until I did the complete clean reinstall, I can only assume some small corruption in the software was hidden away until I wiped the slate completely clean.

Archived