Searching for tables

Don Dz

Idea

I searched the help syntax and the forums before posting this, found only one old topic that was somewhat similar, but it was not a feature request, so here it is:

I would like to request the ability to search for all notes that contain tables.

I saw the single discussion explaining that tables are just html code, etc, etc.  Still can't hurt to request this, see what happens.  After all, they did implement emojis.

Maybe while I am at it, I should request searching for all notes containing emojis, though to be honest, I am not yet sure why I would want to know that, but surely it would be useful to someone.  ?

But seriously, I could definitely use a search for tables, and probably others could as well. ?

5 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
6 minutes ago, Don Dz said:

I should request searching for all notes containing emojis, though to be honest, I am not yet sure why I would want to know that, but surely it would be useful to someone.

Is there a purpose in identifying notes that contain tables?

>>I saw the single discussion explaining that tables are just html code, etc, etc.

This is true.  I could export the notes and search for the html table code.

14 minutes ago, DTLow said:

Is there a purpose in identifying notes that contain tables?

I believe it would be useful in general, but currently, looking after the health of my tables is a significant motivation given all the complains and my own experience with tables.  IOW, making little adjustments to my tables as I discover how they behave in Evernote is something I often do, so finding all of them easily would be a convenience. 

• Level 5*

Er..  I'd prefer to see 'nice to have' features developed after they kill the table and other editing issues.  Meantime we can tag notes that contain features we want to see.  Adding more bells and whistles in the meantime just makes things more complicated...

9 minutes ago, gazumped said:

Er..  I'd prefer to see 'nice to have' features developed after they kill the table and other editing issues.  Meantime we can tag notes that contain features we want to see.  Adding more bells and whistles in the meantime just makes things more complicated...

Well, they did fix the emojis before fixing the tables.  We users demand desperately needed features like night mode and other important things for years, and nothing happens, so might as well see what they are willing to do first.  I doubt a little request like this would have any effect on their priorities.

• Level 5*
14 minutes ago, Don Dz said:

Well, they did fix the emojis before fixing the tables.

Fair point - all requests are acceptable,  though some may be more practical than others ;)

Archived