Double Click to Edit Note - Is this new?

After using Evernote for years, I have found that something's changed in Evernote for Windows.  I used to open a note, click once where I wanted to edit, and start typing.  Now, recently it seems, I have to double click to edit a note.  Not only that, when I switch to another document, or a web page, then go back to the note I was editing, I have to double click again to edit.  If I just single click, in either case, the cursor seems to just jump randomly.

What's going on?  Has anyone else noticed this?

I'm running the latest version of Evernote on a regularly updated version of Windows 10 Pro.  I noticed this behavior in the previous version of Evernote, and had hoped the update would fix it.

6 hours ago, ln899 said:

After using Evernote for years, I have found that something's changed in Evernote for Windows.  I used to open a note, click once where I wanted to edit, and start typing.  Now, recently it seems, I have to double click to edit a note.  Not only that, when I switch to another document, or a web page, then go back to the note I was editing, I have to double click again to edit.  If I just single click, in either case, the cursor seems to just jump randomly.

What's going on?  Has anyone else noticed this?

I'm running the latest version of Evernote on a regularly updated version of Windows 10 Pro.  I noticed this behavior in the previous version of Evernote, and had hoped the update would fix it.

I am not experiencing that problem on V6.7 and V6.13 Beta versions. But let me get this straight, so you are in the Windows app and you have the note list on the left and the note panel on the right.

To start editing the note, you select a note from the note list on the left, then have to double click inside the note panel to start typing? Am I understanding it correctly?

I currently have 6.13 Beta.  Yes.  After selecting the note on the left, I have to double click in the actual note on the right to begin editing. If I just single click and start typing, the cursor just disappears or, in a larger note, jumps around.  Even more irritatingly, when I do double click next to a word, the result is that that word gets selected, and then it requires an additional step to get that word de-selected before I can start editing.  This has been happening now for three months or so, through a couple of public versions.  I've recently switched to beta versions, in hopes it might get fixed. Sadly, it's not.

Note: This behavior is the same on my home desktop and my work laptop.  The laptop is Windows 10 Enterprise.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

PS: This seems to be the same issue discussed in this thread:

We are aware of this issue - don't know the solution yet. From what I can tell, it only happens when you search. After you click into the note, the first key click (any key) will cause it to lose focus - requiring a 2nd click to edit. If I'm in a non-filtered list (for instance, I just clicked AllNotes, or clicked on a notebook), then this doesn't happen.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, dconnet said:

We are aware of this issue - don't know the solution yet. From what I can tell, it only happens when you search. After you click into the note, the first key click (any key) will cause it to lose focus - requiring a 2nd click to edit. If I'm in a non-filtered list (for instance, I just clicked AllNotes, or clicked on a notebook), then this doesn't happen.

For me this only happens when there is text in the search bar (tag searches alone work fine for me, text or text plus tags don't).  Also it happens when switching notes with any text term in the search bar.  'Twould seem this could help narrow the research.  

• 1 month later...

Archived