Search priority

Hi,

I would like to кnow if there is an option to change the search priority of Evernote? For example when I search for "dog" I would expect on the top of the search results to see:

• first notes with "dog" in their titles
  •  than the ones with "dog" in tags
  • "dog" in text and the most opened notes
  • "dog" with most recently updated notes
  • other "dog"

Quite often I put some key words in the title of my notes. And in order to find them quickly I type "intitle: dog". Yet, this just slows me down and not very fast to type in on your phone for example.

If I don't use "intitle" the search engine of Evernote is putting the note witch has "dog" in the title some where down the list.

Thank you,
Emil

• Level 5*
10 hours ago, emil_a said:

I would like to кnow if there is an option to change the search priority of Evernote?

5ad107d090010_ScreenShot2018-04-13at12_38_17.png.2a483a8ad208478d0504dd2165874992.pngI'd say we only have the standard title and date sequence options although I see a Relevance option on my Mac.  

There's no information on what Relevance means.

>>I would expect on the top of the search results to see

I don't know if your expectation is a standard definition.

@DTLow I'm not completely sure how clients are determining relevance, but on the backend relevance refers to a score that the search cluster returns, which is mostly based on how many times search terms are matched.

@emil_a We are working on improved relevance. I see that its current iteration uses a field prioritization kind of like what you describe. No guarantees on timing or rollout, but my guess is that the soonest it would become available is when the new web client comes to personal.

• Level 5*

Notes returned from search are sorted according to the current sorting order (e.g. modified date, title, etc.). There is no setting for search-by-relevance, at least in the Windows client. That would need to be added somehow, maybe as an override to the default sorting order.

Archived