"All Notes" missing in "select notebook" search drop-down

6.9.6.6729 (306729) Public (CE Build ce-1.39.4193)

When displaying the full search options (using the drop-down arrow next to the search icon) there used to be an option to search "All Notes" as well as filtering by notebook. t isn't there anymore. Not sure when it was removed, but probably in the last week. Please bring it back. Without it we have to redo the search after first selecting the "All Notes" toolbar button. Having it as an option in that list was a time-saver and made the workflow more elegant, as we could begin typing for a search and then filter accordingly rather than having to remember to select "All Notes" in the toolbar first. Also, if we can't find a note in a selected notebook, we don't have to restart the search from scratch to search everywhere.

20180223_111330.jpg.042754f83b44aea8b8f37b0b2ff906ee.jpg

• Level 5*

I see "All Notebooks" as an option in that list, and it appears to equate to the same thing, which makes sense because all notes belong to some notebook (and indeed, the search info dropdown label reads "All notes" after selecting "All Notebooks"). Are you seeing "All Notebooks"?

Well it is definitely gone for me.  The only thing I did differently was to sign on with my Google account a couple of days ago to see what that was all about.   To exclude that as the culprit, I just signed out, exited, came back in with my regular sign-in and still nothing, even after upgrading to 6.9.7.  I guess I'll have to revo and re-install. (Or maybe I can ask a csr if it is a registry key thing I can manually flip...)

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, lisec said:

Well it is definitely gone for me.  The only thing I did differently was to sign on with my Google account a couple of days ago to see what that was all about.   To exclude that as the culprit, I just signed out, exited, came back in with my regular sign-in and still nothing, even after upgrading to 6.9.7.  I guess I'll have to revo and re-install. (Or maybe I can ask a csr if it is a registry key thing I can manually flip...)

See if you have Maximum number of recent notebooks in Tools - Options - Navigation set to 0.  If it is, set it to 1 and see what happens. 

This is one of the few notebook parameters I could think of in Options so I tested it.  Setting it to 0 removes the All Notebooks from the drop down.  I typically have it set at 1, hence the image above.  Assuming this is it, seems a bit buggish to me that opting for no recent notebooks removes the All option.

Re-install fixed it. I suspect it has to do with "Recent" notebooks also missing - the All Notebooks appears under that in the list and I had neither. I checked to see if perhaps it was a setting I disabled (the view "recent notebooks" business) but I couldn't see a relevant setting for it.  I hate these sorts of mysteries...

Internet issues here so my reply above didn't make it to the board...

Cal, how did I miss that!  i read all the options so carefully... or so I thought.  That's it. I don't recall changing that but I must have.  Thanks for finding it.

• Level 5*
7 minutes ago, lisec said:

Cal, how did I miss that!  i read all the options so carefully... or so I thought.  That's it. I don't recall changing that but I must have.  Thanks for finding it.

You are welcome.  Again it was the only option I could remember so I threw a quick test at it, shot in the dark.

Don't know that you could miss it, unless you are a mind reader.  It doesn't ask do you want to take All Notebooks out of your notebook drop down, and there isn't any hover help.  :wacko:

Thanks to this thread I'm just now finding out we can change the number of recently used notebooks. This has been on my wishlist for years!! Cranked that puppy up to 7. I wonder when that feature was implemented.  I wonder if they listened  :ph34r:  

Thank you

• 2 months later...
On 3/2/2018 at 5:16 PM, bill77 said:

Thanks to this thread I'm just now finding out we can change the number of recently used notebooks. This has been on my wishlist for years!! Cranked that puppy up to 7. I wonder when that feature was implemented.  I wonder if they listened  :ph34r:  

Thank you

I just checked (out of curiosity), according to commit comment recent notebooks were added around March, 2014.

Archived