How to copy/paste or drag screenshot into existing note

Can anyone tell me how to copy/paste or drag a screenshot into an existing note???!!! I have spent many hours trying to figure this out and nothing seems to work. I have the Basic version of Evernote, use a Mac and have tried Chrome and Safari browsers. I downloaded Skitch and Evernote Web Clipper. Nothing seems to allow me to copy/paste or drag a screenshot into an existing note. Everything saves as a new note and then I'm not able to copy/paste or drag into the note I am working on. This seems like a basic functionality so I'd like to understand what I'm missing. 

I have scoured all of the forums. I have searched for a phone number to call for customer service. I have tried to use the chat feature which appears to always be "offline." Can someone please help?? 

Thank you!!

• Level 5*

I don't believe this is directly possible in Evernote.  You can create the screenshot in a new note and merge that note with the one you're editing,  or save the Evernote screenshot to the desktop and drag/ drop the image into your note.  Do you have Skitch available?

• Level 5*
On 2017-04-13 at 9:35 AM, kale123 said:

Can anyone tell me how to copy/paste or drag a screenshot into an existing note?

Where do you have the screenshot.  
I use the desktop Evernote software
I usually use command-shift-4 and create a .png file on my desktop
Then I open my note, and drag the .png file into my note

I can also use the Evernote helper to capture screenshots
This gives me the option of creating a new note, or dragging into an existing note

This is really helpful! Thank you! A few follow up questions:

When I do command-*****-4, I can finally drag the file into my note. I still can't use the Evernote helper to drag screenshots into an existing note. It just saves as a new note (I can't seem to copy/paste or drag). Any advice on this?

I also have Skitch which I love but I can't seem to copy/paste or drag the image to a new note. It saves automatically as a new note and then has a lock box in the corner and says I can't edit the screenshot in Evernote because I used Skitch. How are you able to make it work?

• Level 5*
On 2017-04-14 at 11:29 AM, kale123 said:

I still can't use the Evernote helper to drag screenshots into an existing note. It just saves as a new note (I can't seem to copy/paste or drag). Any advice on this?

Here's my Evernote Helper panel58f117ae2b4ca_ScreenShot2017-04-14at11_39_52AM.png.de48ecb4e1ca31f1f32234fc99e4122d.png
I've done a few screen grabs.

I have the "Save To Evernote" button at the bottom which will create a new note
I can also simply drag any for those images into an existing note

• 6 months later...

FYI, Shift-Ctrl-Command-4     will put the screenshot on the clipboard so you can simply paste it into the note, in the Mac App. Cannot paste it in with the Safari-Evernote webpage, no matter what I've tried. 

KWL

Archived