• Level 5*
9 hours ago, gazumped said:

Evernote don't (usually) pre-announce dates - unexpected delays can cause problems.  I'd expect it to be soon - for a value of 'soon' somewhere between 1 and 6 months...  ;)

So what's the over/under?  :P

• Level 5*

Best not to "expect" it. Sometimes there can be 1-2 months between updates, other times it can be 1-2 days. I have stopped noticing when they come in - I just install them and get on with my life.

• Level 5*

A lot of software products go through release cycles that can vary in frequency, for one reason or another. Sometimes it's marketing reasons, say, that big Christmas, or back-to-school "push" (we do something like that at our company: 1 major release per year, plus two minor ones, though we do a fair number of "point" updates in between as bugs are discovered). Sometimes it's to get a large and widespread change into place, and those can take time to integrate before things get stable (as with a new feature of the Evernote service that all platforms need to react to). Some companies have fewer development resources that need to focus on one particular project/platform/whatever at a time; I don't think that that's the case with Evernote, though.

Archived