Evernote Web - Text search is poor

Risboro

Idea

Problem description

• I have a perfectly synch'd account
  • I search for a particular note I know I have with a 4 word text search.
    • The full client (Mac) takes <1 second, returns 26 notes and the one I was looking for is the first result. It has to be the first result, because the 4 words are in the note title!
    • The web client (Chrome) takes 5 seconds, returns 25 notes and the one I was looking for is the 11th result. By Google search standards, that's page 2 (aka 'the best place to hide a body')

This is a highly inconsistent and dis-satisfactory UX for the web client.

Are there ways around the poor web search or are updates in the making?

3 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
10 hours ago, Risboro said:

I search for a particular note I know I have with a 4 word text search.

• The full client (Mac) takes <1 second, returns 26 notes and the one I was looking for is the first result. It has to be the first result, because the 4 words are in the note title!
  • The web client (Chrome) takes 5 seconds, returns 25 notes and the one I was looking for is the 11th result. By Google search standards, that's page 2 (aka 'the best place to hide a body')

Order of returned search results depends on the note sorting order that's in effect currently. If they're different in the two environments (Mac, web), then they'll be presented in a different order. Search-by-relevance is not implemented in Evernote; it would be handy.

• Level 5*
11 hours ago, Risboro said:

I search for a particular note I know I have with a 4 word text search.

I'd be concerned at the 1 note count difference.  Any info on what happened with that one note?

As @jefito mentioned, there is no sort order by relevence
If you want to search in the title, use      intitle:xxxx

Archived