linked documents?

isabellemcneill

Hi,

I love using Evernote to work on a big research project.

However I still have a lot of documents relating to that project saved on my iCloud drive. Is there a way I can put links in a note that will take me directly to a document?

To give a specific example: I'm making notes (with pictures - so great!) about a film, that I'm researching, in a note. I want to put links in the note to all the .pdf and Word documents (stored in folders on my iCloud drive) relating to that film. Can I do that? I don't really want to store all those docs in Evernote (which I think I can do, right?) because it will create a really massive note with a lot of scrolling. Much easier to have a bibliographic list with links to the docs I want.

Does that make sense? I'm probably missing something here... All advice welcome!

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, isabellemcneill said:

However I still have a lot of documents relating to that project saved on my iCloud drive. Is there a way I can put links in a note that will take me directly to a document?

Here's an example of a link I have for my budget spreadsheet stored on an iCloud drive
/Users/david/Library/Mobile Documents/com~apple~Numbers/Documents/Budget_Spreadsheet.numbers
This works on my Mac

Do you have a reason for storing on the iCloud drive?
I find filing within Evernote more productive - you can use separate notes for each file
- notes can be cross-linked; you can have a Table of Contents
- pdfs can be displayed inline (Mac)
- documents are searchable
- backups

Archived