What is this ICON???

Looked everywhere I can think of but can not figure out what this icon to the left of two of my notebooks (in Windows) means or how it got there!
Using latest Evernote on Windows computers & several Android devices.

icon.jpg

Ok thanks, but I've never shared any notebook-- at least knowingly. Must have done it by accident when testing at some point.
But now, how can I get rid of it. Don't see any option to "unshare" when I select the options to modify sharing.
I suppose I could just create a new notebook and move everything there then delete the original, but there must be a better way?

share.jpg

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, tymbee said:

Ok thanks, but I've never shared any notebook-- at least knowingly. Must have done it by accident when testing at some point.
But now, how can I get rid of it. Don't see any option to "unshare" when I select the options to modify sharing.
I suppose I could just create a new notebook and move everything there then delete the original, but there must be a better way?

share.jpg

Sorry. That's not the share icon. It is the "default" notebook icon. But why do you have two? I don't see how that is possible. 

The share notebook icon is a notebook with a right-pointing arrow.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, tymbee said:

Looked everywhere I can think of but can not figure out what this icon to the left of two of my notebooks (in Windows) means or how it got there!
Using latest Evernote on Windows computers & several Android devices.

icon.jpg

Is LINKS be your default notebook?

EDIT: Oops, wrote this as @EdH was posting.

4 hours ago, csihilling said:

Is LINKS be your default notebook?

It was, and it appears that's what that icon represented. I see I can set different notebooks as the default, but for some reason I can't get rid of that "default icon" for a notebook called "Aerials". Not a huge deal but just bugs me that I can't figure out what's going on.

Here's a capture showing the icon on 2 different notebooks
default.jpg

If I click on Aerials to try and remove it as the default, the option to uncheck "Make this my default..." is grayed out.

defaultchk.jpg

• Level 5*

Go to your Evernote account on the web, click the Notebook icon, then click on Aerials. Then in the upper middle/left, click on the i with the circle around it. Can you uncheck "Default" there?

6 hours ago, EdH said:

Go to your Evernote account on the web, click the Notebook icon, then click on Aerials. Then in the upper middle/left, click on the i with the circle around it. Can you uncheck "Default" there?

Strange. When I go there the "Aerials" notebook that has the icon in the Windows application does not have a check in the "Set as default notebook" checkbox. The other notebook with the icon in Windows, does not even display that option on the www site. Guess I'll never know how things came to this but I guess I'll just create two new notebooks, move the contents over from the two with the icon then delete the remaining empty ones.

I do appreciate your trying to help!

• Level 5

@tymbee, if you haven't tried this yet, once you've designated the default notebook that you want in the Windows program, go to File > Exit to quit the program (don't just click the red X-box), then restart it. This will sometimes clear things that have gotten "stuck," and fix newly selected defaults in place.

• Level 5*
On 11/18/2016 at 10:15 PM, tymbee said:

Guess I'll never know how things came to this but I guess I'll just create two new notebooks, move the contents over from the two with the icon then delete the remaining empty ones.

Did that fix it?

Archived