Hello,

it would be good if there would be feature that would allow to link words. What i mean is that if i have let say this file:

TextA

TextB

TextC

TextA blah blah blah blah TextB blah blah blah blah TexC

and then i decide to TextA i have to change every single one, so if i have too many of them i have to change every single of them. It is really annoying when i have many placeholders name for things i still cannot come up with name. So if i change textA it will change all texta that are linked to that word but if there are some other not linked it will live them.

• Level 5*

Not sure I understand your issue.  It's not possible to link to a bookmark or anchor within a page so you click a link and jump to a specific one.  If it's a question of changing a word or phrase however,  Evernote supports Find & Replace...

• Level 5*
55 minutes ago, Ifridius said:

...and then i decide to TextA i have to change every single one, so if i have too many of them i have to change every single of them. It is really annoying when i have many placeholders name for things i still cannot come up with name. So if i change textA it will change all texta that are linked to that word but if there are some other not linked it will live them.

Is this like a find&replace edit feature

It is not like find and replace. Basically you insert one word or prase in few place, and when you change one of them, it will change all. Like refractoring a method name in Visual studio, but it won't change the not linked one. All linked words or phrases would be treated like one word, the other are just instances of that one. If parent change, instances also.

• Level 5*
12 hours ago, DTLow said:

Is this like a find&replace edit feature

Yes. Find and replace / replace all is how you do this in the Windows client.

Code refactoring is a cute metaphor, but in programming, that's really an automated semantics-guided replace all, across multiple source files. Here, there's no real semantic context available (though whole word search would be a nice addition to the existing case-sensitive option; let's not even get into regular expressions), so find and replace is not that much harder to do, usability-wise.

If you wanted a more general way to identify context and automate text editing operations, including text replacement (among other things), then that would be cool, but in the case presented, that seems like it would be too much bang for too little buck...

Archived