Lost content in a note

Hi @fredda - If the entire note is missing, please check the Trash notebook (located at the end of your Notebooks list) to see if the note has ended up here. If you can't find the note in the Trash, do a quick search for keywords in the note to see if it may have been moved to a different notebook.

If the note still exists, but the content is missing, please open a support ticket and post the ticket number you receive so I can get some more information.

• Level 5*
5 minutes ago, fredda said:

I have been using Evernote for a number of years. today an entire note disappeared. How is it possible that I can't get it back? Why would I continue to use Evernote if this can happen?!

Notes don't usually disappear, but they do get deleted.  After deletion, they can be retrieved from the Trash Notebook.

Also, sometimes a device has an error.  I'd suggest checking for the note on the Evernote servers (www.evernote.com)

Personally, I always backup my data to aid in data recovery.

Thank you. I can not find a trash notebook, I looked through all note titles-

I tried the Evernote web site and the title of my note is there but the note is empty.  If I used the specific notebook a month ago but didn't close it properly is there anyway to get it back?

• 3 months later...
On 10/21/2016 at 7:54 PM, amanda_h said:

Hi @fredda - If the entire note is missing, please check the Trash notebook (located at the end of your Notebooks list) to see if the note has ended up here. If you can't find the note in the Trash, do a quick search for keywords in the note to see if it may have been moved to a different notebook.

If the note still exists, but the content is missing, please open a support ticket and post the ticket number you receive so I can get some more information.

Hi, i have the same problem - i lost a very important content from a note.

I read all necessary data and i want to submit a ticket with activity log, but i can't find how to submit a ticket. When i go to the Evernote Support page (from your link) i have only 3 options below each query: Community, Chat and Upgrade.

Can you help me, the data that i lost is really important! 

• Level 5*
On 2/15/2017 at 1:42 AM, dan me said:

Hi, i have the same problem - i lost a very important content from a note.

I read all necessary data and i want to submit a ticket with activity log, but i can't find how to submit a ticket. When i go to the Evernote Support page (from your link) i have only 3 options below each query: Community, Chat and Upgrade.

You can follow the link at the top of the page and go to EN's twitter support.

• Level 5*
On 2017-02-15 at 0:42 AM, dan me said:

If you're interested in a fast self help, Evernote maintains a Note History backup feature. 

Its available for Premium accounts, but you only have to subscribe for a single month

14 hours ago, DTLow said:

If you're interested in a fast self help, Evernote maintains a Note History backup feature. 

Its available for Premium accounts, but you only have to subscribe for a single month

If i subscribe now, will this retrieve my history from the 14th of feb?

• Level 5*
5 hours ago, dan me said:

If i subscribe now, will this retrieve my history from the 14th of feb?

The backups are run several times a day for all accounts.  If the note was synced, and you haven't deleted it, it will be in available in Note History with versions back to the original

Archived