Welcome! You're currently a Guest.

If you'd like to join in the Discussion, or access additional features in our forums, please sign in with your Evernote Account here. Have an Evernote Account but forgot your password? Reset it! Don't have an account yet? Create One! You'll need to set your Display Name before your first post.

Photo
Higher Ed

Evernote in Academia - ebook contribution for college student guide to EN

evernote ebook academia students college university manual guide research

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 fflav

fflav

• Pip
  • Title: Member
  • Group: Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:51 PM

Find a first draft of the table of contents here.
Writing a how-to-use Evernote guide for college students. Within 30 days! Have a look at www.fflav.com - you can follow updates on Twitter too

#22 C6REW

C6REW

• Title: I need a Cup Of Tea
  • Group: Evernote Evangelist
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:04 PM

Looking good fflav,

Chris

EVERNOTE: Getting Started | Support Page | Knowledge Base | Support Requests
If someone helped you, or you like or agree with someone's post, let them (and us) know by clicking their post's "Like" button.

#23 fflav

fflav

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:34 AM

Thank you Chris. Comments from other readers?
Writing a how-to-use Evernote guide for college students. Within 30 days! Have a look at www.fflav.com - you can follow updates on Twitter too

#24 fflav

fflav

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:55 PM

I've built a very short questionnaire to get some more feedback. Fill out the form and get a free PDF version once the product is ready!

https://docs.google....FpSY2c6MQ#gid=0

Thank you.

#25 Andy1608

Andy1608

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:44 PM

Hi fflav,

I filled out your questionnaire and left you a message on it.

This is a great project.

Andy

#26 fflav

fflav

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:29 AM

Thanks a lot Andy! You can stay up to date on my website http://fflav.com/ for the moment.

#27 sarenput

sarenput

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:17 AM

Hi I would love to keep up in the loop.

I'm starting my PhD in Egyptology this fall and have already been using Evernote for all my research. I'm also beginning to integrate it with Papers 2.

Please let me know if I can be of any help.
Thomas

#28 fflav

fflav

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 10:16 AM

Hi I would love to keep up in the loop.

I'm starting my PhD in Egyptology this fall and have already been using Evernote for all my research. I'm also beginning to integrate it with Papers 2.

Please let me know if I can be of any help.
Thomas

Hi Thomas, thanks for your feedback. Here's the current status for my E-Book. Busy times at UNI.

#29 Hackademic

Hackademic

• Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 01:09 AM

fflav,

I'm a graduate student in Classical Studies. I use Evernote alot and think a project like this is very important. College students need at least a baseline to start thinking about how to leverage their computers and their applications. I've developed (and am developing, as is always the case) a fairly complex workflow in which Evernote plays a large role. I've been detailing the specifics on a blog I've recently started (the platform is actually grounded on Evernote). Instead of going too indepth (that would take forever), I'll point you there. 

But, in basic form, I use Evernote to "host" all of my notes. This includes class-notes, notes on primary sources for class, and notes on secondary sources for research. I have a number of AppleScripts to automate various parts of my workflow, but in the end everything is written in plain text and formatted in Markdown. I then send that text to Evernote as HTML. At the heart of my workflow are Hyperlinks. I use my own custom URL for PDFs, I use Evernote's custom URLs, as well as other apps url schemes to embed links to nearly all of the data on my computer. The result is that Evernote is the place where all of my "clickable" links reside, inside of notes. The idea is to create a Personal Wiki on my desktop that glues together all of my primary apps and data. 

If anyone is interested in more of the specifics, shoot me a message and check out my new blog.

Looking forward to reading this ebook,

stephen

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: higher ed, evernote, ebook, academia, students, college, university, manual, guide, research

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Clip to Evernote