Minimize to tray?

• Level 5*
On 9/16/2016 at 11:42 AM, stefanmetodijev said:

Is there an option that enables minimizing the Evernote window to tray without the window appearing minimized in the Taskbar?

If I click X, it just closes it, it seems like it can't be done.

Any suggestions?

If I understand the question, depending on which version of Windows, go to notifications and find EN and turn if off relative appearing in the task bar notification area  Win 10 example below.

ScreenClip.png

• Level 5

What I find under Windows 7 is that clicking the red X box in the upper right of the window does close the Evernote window, but does not completely shut down the program. It leaves the icon in the tray active. To completely shut down the problem, you have to use File > Exit. Not sure if it works the same under Win10.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

Not sure if it works the same under Win10.

The same I think  If sync-in-the background is check you have to file exit to get EN out of the notification area.  If not, x'ing out does it.

I took the OPs question to be more about not having the icon appear in the notifications area when EN is active, hence the above post..

21 hours ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

Could we have a somewhat fuller explanation, please? Thanks.

In order to sync in the background, Evernote needs to continue to run. So when you close it via the 'X', it simply hides the main window - and the tray icon stays (similar to Slack and Skype). If sync-in-background is not set, then 'X' behaves like "normal" windows apps and closes the program.

• Level 5
1 hour ago, dconnet said:

In order to sync in the background, Evernote needs to continue to run. So when you close it via the 'X', it simply hides the main window - and the tray icon stays (similar to Slack and Skype). If sync-in-background is not set, then 'X' behaves like "normal" windows apps and closes the program.

Ah, thank you for that! That makes good sense to me.

Archived