Ability to navigate Web Clipper tag suggestions dropdown with cursor keys is gone

gotofritz

Idea

When I start typing a tag in the 'add tag' box at the bottom of the clipper, a dropdown list with suggestions appears (well, depending on what I typed).

I used to be able to go up and down the list with the arrow keys, and select a tag in the list by pressing return.

Now this functionality has been removed - I HAVE to use the mouse to select, and I have to click in the tiny dropdown scrollbar to go up and down the list.

I was very happy with the way it worked before, it's much faster to keep my hands on the keyboard than to constantly move from keyboard to mouse and back.

Please restore this functionality.

Thanks

13 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Firefox on Windows here - and likewise I always found the arrow keys altered the selection size,  not the clipping option.  Might have missed seeing it I guess,  but was never aware that choice existed... :(

Gosh you guys never use the arrow keys to navigate up and down a pulldown menu??? I guess I'm a "power user" then. Try it, though, it saves a lot of time.

I can assure you on Google Chrome on OS X for a long time it worked like that.

I noticed the same problem, starting with the 6.9.2 update.

When you start typing a tag name, the arrow keys would like you select from the autocompleted list. Resizing the window doesn't happen when using the arrow keys if the cursor is in the "add tag" field. This arrow-key election was the same behavior you still get in the main app when typing a tag name. That selection control is gone now, which makes tagging in the clipper slow enough to not be worth doing.

• Level 5*
On 8/31/2016 at 10:48 AM, gotofritz said:

I was very happy with the way it worked before, it's much faster to keep my hands on the keyboard than to constantly move from keyboard to mouse and back.

First, I can confirm that this is the way the arrow keys used to work when in either the Notebook field or the Tags Field, in Chrome on macOS 10.11.4.  The arrow keys moved the selection up/down the dropdown list.

On 8/31/2016 at 10:48 AM, gotofritz said:

When I start typing a tag in the 'add tag' box at the bottom of the clipper, a dropdown list with suggestions appears (well, depending on what I typed).

I used to be able to go up and down the list with the arrow keys, and select a tag in the list by pressing return.

Now this functionality has been removed - I HAVE to use the mouse to select, and I have to click in the tiny dropdown scrollbar to go up and down the list.

I can also confirm that as of 2016-10-26, this BUG has shown up for me, in Evernote Web Clipper 6.9.2 on Chrome on macOS 10.11.4.

Just posted a bug report in the main Clipper 6.9.2 thread:

Having the same issue (Evernote Clipper using Chrome for Mac), and posted about it in a separate thread (didn't know about this one until someone posted a link in mine).

It is definitely a thing. My issue started two days ago.

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, gotofritz said:

It has been fixed. Thanks. I don't know how you can "close" issues in this forum.

Thanks for the confirmation - as OP you can edit the title to show [RESOLVED],  or you can just leave this here - it's all fine.  :)

Archived