Tags in Web version

orchiddoug

Idea

I use Evernote to keep track of my orchid collection, and I've run into a HIGHLY frustrating situation where the web version is not showing all the TAGS.  There is no way to scroll left or right either.  It would be better to show ALL TAGS in one screen, and that way we could DELETE and CHANGE tags easily.  I have to update, for example, when orchids die, etc.  So I have to have access to all my tags.  

I've enclosed a photo of an example where you can see that I can't see all the tags because I use so many!

HELP!

Doug Sinning

Evernote Tags limitation.jpg

5 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Hi.  You may have to rethink your tagging strategy!  Bear in mind that we can now use parent and child tags down to as many levels as you need,  and you have an option whether a parent tag can find all of the child tags below it,  or just return notes with that tag.  If your Photo-Yes tag simply means that you have an illustration of the item,  that could be replaced by a search for notes with attached images.  If you can explain to us what information you're tracking here,  maybe we can come up with some more specific suggestions.

If Evernote makes changes to the web version I'm not sure how long it would take to add a wrapping element to that area of the screen - but it's not necessarily going to be soon,  if at all;  depends what other priorities they're dealing with.  :)

Hi - I don't really understand the replies to Doug's post. They don't address the core issue - which is that Doug has pointed out a technical bug in the web version of Evernote. It happens to me as well and is very frustrating. You should be able to see all the tags on a note in the web version - that is basic functionality I would have thought. It's possible on mobile apps, why not on the web version?

That not addressing the core issue thing...I think that is about not saying directly "not important enough for the moment".

For the moment, however frustrating it may be to you, it is not frustrating enough for Evernote. 

Requests are piling up on the forum and those making them are patiently waiting to see if the hinted at big changes  "some time in the not immediate future" will include the features they are looking for.

However bad the fault may seem to you, recent form suggests it will not receive the immediate attention you would like. 

• Level 5*
On 2016-11-07 at 1:28 AM, zegor said:

Hi - I don't really understand the replies to Doug's post. They don't address the core issue - which is that Doug has pointed out a technical bug in the web version of Evernote. It happens to me as well and is very frustrating. You should be able to see all the tags on a note in the web version - that is basic functionality I would have thought. It's possible on mobile apps, why not on the web version?

9 minutes ago, Glennie said:

That not addressing the core issue thing...I think that is about not saying directly "not important enough for the moment".

For your part, you can show your support for this request using the voting buttons in the upper left corner.

It doesn't matter if it's a new request, technical bug, or basic functionality.  To implement changes, resources will have to be shifted from other projects.  The user vote is a method of telling Evernote what is important

Archived