Printing Function Not Working for Years

McCollim

Dear Evernote,

My research shows that printing has not worked for years, since others have posted about the exact same concern years ago.

Please add the print button and please update the help section so that the information matches with what is actually there.

The help section indicates to go to the Menu Bar. There is no menu bar. Please add that menu bar. There is no bar whatsoever except for an editing bar, which has no printing options. There is nothing labeled menu bar or labeled file or labeled print, either visible or beneath a layer of other menus. If you choose not to allow a printing button, I understand you are Evernote and it is your prerogative. However, at minimum, I ask that you indicate that in the help section, so that no wild geese are chased. Thank you kindly, Your Friend in Note-taking, Richard McCollim

@Enrico Nahler, I am not sure, but I think @McCollim may mean from Evernote Web. I logged into Evernote Web because I am using a new computer and don't have the app installed yet. I tried to print a note and there is absolutely no menu bar and no print icon to be found anywhere. I can't even get into my account profile. It's been a while since I logged into Evernote Web, but the functionality has definitely decreased since the last time I used it. It's incredibly frustrating, not to mention a complete and total waste of time. :(

• Level 5*

The web version opens in a browser - there's no 'print' in Evernote's menu bar,  but you can always print what you see on screen via the browser menu.  Open a note in its own window to print a note.  You can also get back to the 'old' web version in Evernote > Settings if you prefer that layout.

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, betnel said:

Gazumped - how do I get the old Web version? This new one doesn't provide the same functionality. 

Just click on your ID picture (bottom left of the page) and choose Settings.  You should have an option to step back to the old version.

• Level 5*

Can't guarantee that.  Evernote seem to have this insane idea that they have the right to make changes to their product whenever they decide is best for them.  But I'd hope they develop the new version some before they do so.  I still use the old UI whenever I use the web (which is not often...)  :)

@gazumped -- thanks for explaining how to get back to the old UI. It was exactly what I needed. Doing a screen print defeated the purpose of the form I had created in Evernote so I am very happy this option exists especially since I am a basic user and only use the web version to print.

As a side note, I am getting tired of my favorite apps getting dumbed down just to achieve the minimalist look. I guess I'm getting old!

• Level 5*
15 minutes ago, Me Too! said:

@gazumped -- thanks for explaining how to get back to the old UI. It was exactly what I needed. Doing a screen print defeated the purpose of the form I had created in Evernote so I am very happy this option exists especially since I am a basic user and only use the web version to print.

As a side note, I am getting tired of my favorite apps getting dumbed down just to achieve the minimalist look. I guess I'm getting old!

Here's the explanation - Welcome to the new Evernote Web - but I totally agree.  And I'm a bit over 21 too...

Archived