Promote Saved Searches to first class citizen in Evernote

hugocbp

Idea

I believe one of the biggest improvements that can be made to Evernote without changing much of the product's base is to promote Saved Searches to a "first-class citizen" status, like Notebooks and Tags.

After a while, just tags and notebooks are not enough to organize everything, so I rely heavily on saved searches to use Evernote. But the functionality is very hidden and not very intuitive to use. 

My suggestion would include some things like:

1. Place a "Saved Searches" icon on the sidebar, along with "Notes", "Notebooks" and "Tags" (same hiearchy)

2. Implement a screen to admin saved searches like Tags. Doesn't even need to have hierarchies or anything complicated. Just a place to see a list of saved searches, create a new saved search and remove.

3. Improve flow to create a saved search. The current "Edit > Save Search" is very obscure. Maybe show an icon along with the clear icon on the search bar?

4. OPTIONAL: Ability to link to a saved search inside notes.

Thanks!

5 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
14 minutes ago, hugocbp said:

My suggestion would include some things like:

1. Place a "Saved Searches" icon on the sidebar, along with "Notes", "Notebooks" and "Tags" (same hiearchy)

I have saved searches in my sidebar (Mac and iPad) edit: in the shortcuts area

1 minute ago, DTLow said:

I have saved searches in my sidebar (Mac and iPad)

How?

I don't on my Mac and can't add them.

The only way is to drag them into the shortcuts area, and that is what I currently do, but this takes a lot of spaces from notes on shortcuts, which I don't like.

• Level 5*
7 minutes ago, hugocbp said:

How?

I don't on my Mac and can't add them.

The only way is to drag them into the shortcuts area, and that is what I currently do, but this takes a lot of spaces from notes on shortcuts, which I don't like.

I should have identified that I meant the shortcuts area - I modified my post

Instead of a lot of notes in the shortcut area, I have a tag !Hot Notes

If I want quick access to notes, I apply this tag

• Level 5*
On July 15, 2016 at 1:10 PM, hugocbp said:

3. Improve flow to create a saved search. The current "Edit > Save Search" is very obscure. Maybe show an icon along with the clear icon on the search bar?

How about just get rid of the menu to do this and add the icon back that when you do a search, you can save it. On iOS and Android, it is there, a magnifying glass with a + symbol.

It is completely and 100% unintuitive that you need to go to menus to save a search, and that you'd need a help page to explain this differently to Windows and Mac users.

Just wondering if there are any plans to improve the saved searches BUG on the Mac:

- No scroll possible. If you create more saved searches than you can see on your screen you are out of luck

Also, would be nice to improve just a little on how to create/save/edit saved searches. It is cumbersome the way it works today.

Archived