Jump to content
Chad CEO

iOS not syncing note properly

Recommended Posts

Hi there,

i used the web browser on my computer. However it hasn't been syncing to my phone. It shows an older version.

Im sure that the web version saved with the green check mark.

this has happened a few times in the past few days. Previously I fixed it by restarting the app or restarting my phone. However, that fix has stopped working too.

is this a server side issue?

 

thanks,

Chad

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Chad CEO said:

i used the web browser on my computer. However it hasn't been syncing to my phone. It shows an older version.

Im sure that the web version saved with the green check mark.

this has happened a few times in the past few days. Previously I fixed it by restarting the app or restarting my phone. However, that fix has stopped working too.

is this a server side issue?

No problems with my devices?

You can force a sync on your phone by clicking on the sync button.

>>Im sure that the web version saved with the green check mark.

Thats an odd way to phrase it.  Can you actually look at the note on the web platform and confirm it was updated?

Share this post


Link to post

Yes, web note was updated.

And, hit Snyc Now in settings and didn't work.

any ideas?

Share this post


Link to post

To provide some more detail, the actual time of the sync (on iOS) is correct. However, the content inside is not properly updated.

Share this post


Link to post

Just to follow up, I was able to get it to sync by making more changes to the note, hitting fresh on the web note a couple times. Then, I checked my phone right away and it worked.

Bugs.

Share this post


Link to post

Just guessing...

But, maybe it's possible copying and pasting within the note caused the content to not sync properly. That's the only thing different I was doing than most times and it worked when I added content without copy/pasting as a last action.

Share this post


Link to post

Okay, it happened again. So I'm just providing a little more detail just in case someone else can figure it out or has the same issue...

This time, the "example" note was updated at 4:30. Then, I updated a few other notes quickly. Then at 4:32, the example note was modified again, deleting certain content. However, the mobile app did not show this version. It was stuck on 4:30.

Restarting the app or device does not work to have the sync corrected. After some time, I made another change via the web client and then it synced again.

Maybe its the frequency of the changes? Like if I make more than a certain number of edits in a few minutes? Not sure. But there certainly is an issue here.

Share this post


Link to post

Hi there,

I just wanted to add to this again. The mobile app shows the correct time of the update. But the content is from a previous version.

Once again, the mobile app has not synced properly.

I wonder if anyone will look at this?

Thanks,

Chad

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/15/2016 at 9:46 AM, Chad CEO said:

Hi there,

i used the web browser on my computer. However it hasn't been syncing to my phone. It shows an older version.

Im sure that the web version saved with the green check mark.

this has happened a few times in the past few days. Previously I fixed it by restarting the app or restarting my phone. However, that fix has stopped working too.

is this a server side issue?

 

thanks,

Chad

Are you running a stable IOS version or a beta? 

Share this post


Link to post

Hi Sayre,

it is a stable IOS version. You can see which one attached.

Thanks,

Chad

image.png

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Chad CEO said:

Hi Sayre,

it is a stable IOS version. You can see which one attached.

Thanks,

Chad

image.png

I'm running the same one as you and not running into that issue. :( We may be on different iOS's though. I have the developer beta iOS 10 on my iPhone. I tried to recreate the syncing issue on my phone app and couldn't. 

95% of the time when I'm syncing I am on Wi-Fi. Possibly it's a connection issue outside of the app?

Share this post


Link to post

Hi Sayre,

That's a good idea. However, this has happened to me on Wifi and 4G.

Today, it happened again - I had to add more content to the note via web and it will eventually push the sync.

I'm thinking maybe it is when I leave the app open on a specific page or something. No idea yet.

Really surprised nobody else had this issue yet.

Thanks,

Chad

PS. If I find a way to duplicate the issue, I will post it.

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Chad CEO said:

That's a good idea. However, this has happened to me on Wifi and 4G.

Today, it happened again - I had to add more content to the note via web and it will eventually push the sync.

I'm thinking maybe it is when I leave the app open on a specific page or something. No idea yet.

Really surprised nobody else had this issue yet.

One thing you might try is to delete the app and reinstall.
Its a simple quick process and often resolves some issues.

If you want to open a support ticket, there's a link below in my signature section.

Share this post


Link to post
18 hours ago, Chad CEO said:

Hi Sayre,

That's a good idea. However, this has happened to me on Wifi and 4G.

Today, it happened again - I had to add more content to the note via web and it will eventually push the sync.

I'm thinking maybe it is when I leave the app open on a specific page or something. No idea yet.

Really surprised nobody else had this issue yet.

Thanks,

Chad

PS. If I find a way to duplicate the issue, I will post it.

Hi Chad,

Can you advise on the OS and browser versions that you're seeing this issue on on your desktop as well as the device and OS version you're using on iOS.

Also, are you have similar problems in reverse (note content on your phone not being reflected on the web)?

Thanks,
Chuck

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, cifip said:

Hi Chad,

Can you advise on the OS and browser versions that you're seeing this issue on on your desktop as well as the device and OS version you're using on iOS.

Also, are you have similar problems in reverse (note content on your phone not being reflected on the web)?

Thanks,
Chuck

Hey Chuck,

Thanks for the response.

To answer your questions:

Yes, I can confirm that this happened while using iOS 9.3.2 and iOS 9.3.3 on an iPhone 6S. (I had upgraded hoping it would fix it, but it continued even today).

On the browser side, I'm using Firefox 47.0.1 since June 28th.

So far, this has not happened in reverse. I typically stop inputting anything on my phone until I see a correct sync so I can't say for sure. But, it has not happened in reverse to me.

Another 2 cents from my end:

Since the time sync is showing the correct time of sync, but not showing the correct content, could it be a memory issue? I have about 15 notes. Several of them contain long paragraphs of notes or very long lists of bullet items (200+ lines). Perhaps, that is impacting performance and rather than a syncing issue, it's just not loading quick enough to show the latest version?

Thanks for looking into this. Hope it gets resolved.

Chad

Share this post


Link to post

I did a little testing on my own and I can say that none of these duplicated the issue over and over. They only duplicated the issue sometimes where the phone doesn't show the most recent version.

1. Editing multiple notes - on web

2. Only copying and pasting within one note - on web

3. Making small changes like deleting and adding only one word - on web

Share this post


Link to post
On July 27, 2016 at 10:15 AM, Chad CEO said:

Hey Chuck,

Thanks for the response.

To answer your questions:

Yes, I can confirm that this happened while using iOS 9.3.2 and iOS 9.3.3 on an iPhone 6S. (I had upgraded hoping it would fix it, but it continued even today).

On the browser side, I'm using Firefox 47.0.1 since June 28th.

So far, this has not happened in reverse. I typically stop inputting anything on my phone until I see a correct sync so I can't say for sure. But, it has not happened in reverse to me.

Another 2 cents from my end:

Since the time sync is showing the correct time of sync, but not showing the correct content, could it be a memory issue? I have about 15 notes. Several of them contain long paragraphs of notes or very long lists of bullet items (200+ lines). Perhaps, that is impacting performance and rather than a syncing issue, it's just not loading quick enough to show the latest version?

Thanks for looking into this. Hope it gets resolved.

Chad

Thanks Chad. We're still looking into this and appreciate the additional info. 

A few more questions for you: Are you using Firefox on Mac or Windows? What version of desktop OS? If you try another browser (Chrome, Safari, Edge), do you encounter the same issue?

Thanks,
Chuck

Share this post


Link to post

Hey Chuck,

Sorry for the delay. I didn't have the time to test on different browsers, but I had it as a top priority today.

The issue is definitely still happening to my notes.

I'm using Mac OS X Yosemite Version 10.10.5

However, I just tried it out on Safari. It totally messed up the line spacing that I originally had, but it seemed like it started working immediately in terms of syncing. Perhaps, your speculation on Firefox could be the issue :-)

Hope this helps,

Chad

P.S. I wrote a custom script based off the EV platform and think you guys could totally package it as a service. It would completely change the way people take notes, to-do lists and reminders. Do you know who I should talk to about this?

Share this post


Link to post

Hey Chuck,

Any update on this? It's still happening regularly.

Thanks,

Chad

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/28/2016 at 1:23 PM, cifip said:

Thanks Chad. We're still looking into this and appreciate the additional info. 

A few more questions for you: Are you using Firefox on Mac or Windows? What version of desktop OS? If you try another browser (Chrome, Safari, Edge), do you encounter the same issue?

Thanks,
Chuck

Hi Chuck,

Any update on this issue? It's still happening on my iOS device.

Thanks,

Chad

Share this post


Link to post

I think I have found something that might help:

I noticed that the syncing doesn't work when I haven't used my phone in a  while and lots of changes have been made via web. However, once I start making one change on the web, then open the note (mobile app), then another change on the web, then open the note (mobile app), then it eventually starts working and showing me the correct version. It looks almost like a cache issue I had with a server one time.

Anyways, I hope this helps solve the problem.

Thanks,

Chad

P.S. @cifip I hope you could take a look at this and maybe let me know your thoughts please. Would appreciate it very much.

 

Share this post


Link to post

Hi there,

Well, its been about 5 weeks now and this issue is still occurring. I just wanted to add that I tried restarting my phone when it happens and it does not make a difference. Also, I tried deleting and reinstalling the app. And while it force it to sync properly on install, the problem persists the next day.

It seems like there is a real issue with EV syncing with iPhone or using in Firefox. Hopefully, the team can get this fixed. It's been pretty well documented here. Or, at the least, can you give us an update if you plan to do anything at all?

Thanks,

Chad

P.S. It's hard to upgrade when basic features are not working properly.

 

Share this post


Link to post

Similar issue. Reported here. Using Chrome and EN Web on my iMac. Have had sync issues from both iPhone and Windows laptop.

I'm becoming more convinced that the sync icon on mobile version doesn't actually indicate anything. Spinning or not, I get note updates long after a sync has been performed, or not at all.

I just don't trust this app or platform anymore.

Share this post


Link to post

Hey AverageJoe,

Thanks for sharing about having the same issue even with a different browser. I hope they will get this fixed soon.

Chad

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...