numbered list

schaft

Idea

12 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Hi.  User forum here.  Still alive,  but drive-by responses as and when someone sees your post.  Must confess I didn't realise the web version automatically created numbered lists,  but if it does and you'd like an option to stop it,  then that's a reasonable feature request.  Evernote will consider it,  but you're unlikely to get more comeback apart from a new update in due course...

When I'm in a new line in the memo write "1. "it is with the space after the period, then automatically turns on numerology list. No space is not automatically enabled. But the space I need to put. It is so easy to read.

• Level 5*

I just tried typing '1' in the next line after some text in a new note - it just sat there.  There's no auto-number system that I can see...  ???  What's your OS,  what browser are you using to view Evernote?

(And I gather I owe @scruggles an apology.  Evernote didn't share their plans,  but recently -

)

Hmm I just tried the following combos and got the following results:

"1" does not create an auto-list

"1." does create an auto-lsit

"1 ." does not create a auto-list

I'm having some difficult understanding the issue, but it might have to do with our new beta. We are currently running a beta editor on Chrome, Opera, and Safari. @schaft what browser/OS versions are you using? Not sure if this is a bug or feature request.

I put quotes to separate 1 from the description of the issue. In General I would like to have the ability to disable the automatic creation of the list, when you write 1. and put a space after the period.

Archived