Productivity feature request

samuyama

Idea

I thought of a few features I would enjoy seeing in Evernote. Enjoy!

• Ability to share stacks
• Ability to hide notebooks (there are many things we want to keep but don't need to look at)
• Ability to delete multiple notebooks at once
• Ability to properly share notebooks
• Notebooks in notebooks*

*I'm sure the last one has been asked for by many people, but goes against Evernote's "two-clicks away" philosophy. But sometimes wouldn't one extra click be better than five seconds of scrolling?

Regardless of whether these features get added, I'm a fan. Thanks for doing what you do.

4 replies to this idea

Evernote has been getting more useful and my productivity has increased, but I would love to see the following features so that I can be even more productive.

Features:

1. Custom keyboard shortcut mapping, let us map the features we want to use.
  2. Ability to jump to any saved search or filter from a keyboard shortcut.
  3. Global hotkey for search (command + J) from anywhere, from any app.
  4. Quick note that you can move around the desktop window, not just the top right. Take a look at Things or Alfred App. It can look like the quick note on Android.
  • Level 5*
On July 2, 2016 at 10:04 AM, amaxwell01 said:

Evernote has been getting more useful and my productivity has increased, but I would love to see the following features so that I can be even more productive.

Features:

1. Custom keyboard shortcut mapping, let us map the features we want to use.
  2. Ability to jump to any saved search or filter from a keyboard shortcut.
  3. Global hotkey for search (command + J) from anywhere, from any app.
  4. Quick note that you can move around the desktop window, not just the top right. Take a look at Things or Alfred App. It can look like the quick note on Android.

We are Mac users. We are omnipotent

Below are a few of the Evernote shortcuts I've implemented using Mac System Preferences

I also use Applescript to implement features not available in the native app
- for example, jump to saved searches with custom sort sequence
  (my work in progress is documented here)

Screen Shot 2016-07-02 at 10.18.35 AM.png

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, amaxwell01 said:
  • Global hotkey for search (command + J) from anywhere, from any app.
  • Quick note that you can move around the desktop window, not just the top right. Take a look at Things or Alfred App. It can look like the quick note on Android.

I'm a Windows user so I'm sticking my neck out assuming, that at least for my comments below, Mac is similar.

- There is a global Windows hotkey for searching.  Again, for Windows, Tools -> Options -> Hot keys

- There is also a hot key for new note that will pop up in a separate window.  I use that all the time to quickly record things on the fly

If these don't exist in the Mac then you have my condolences.  I find them both very useful.

Archived