how to tag or remark in iPhone clipping?

• Level 5*

Depends on what platform you want to use to remark, I assume you mean edit/comment.  Editing works best on the web or the desktop, not so good with a clip on IOS.  Just select the note position the cursor and type.  Not perfect even in these instances since sometimes the formatting of the clip carries over to the added text.

Easy to add tags on any platform.  On IOS select the note and then press the information icon, little i with a circle around it.

I'm not referring to the app but rather the app extension that I access via share so that I can share a website page with Evernote. It appears that the share extension is really limited, which makes me have a muti-step process. This extension's clipping features should be the same as desktop, i.e., be able to remark and tag as I clip -- not afterwards.

I've had to change to other strategies that aren't clipping via iPhone when I have a remark - otherwise I will forget my thoughts and ideas by the time I circle back to the desktop.

Feature request!

It doesn't appear to be possible to tag newly clipped items using the iOS extension, nor is is possible to add a comment/remark at the time of clipping. Unfortunately you'll have to enter the evernote application itself and do your tagging and commenting there. I don't know enough about how extensions work to speculate about whether it would even be possible for Evernote to add the ability to tag upon clipping (e.g., there may be limitations in iOS that prevent these things from being implemented). But if it is possible, I'd welcome the change, too. 

• Level 5*

Possible work around to avoid forgetting the remarks - save another note with the same title as the clip,  containing just the remarks.  You'll find both together on a search,  and if it makes you happy,  you could merge the two later...

Archived