Power Users: Any UPDATE Feedback? (Win 5.8.3.6507 GA Release Notes)

ab1kenobee

• Level 5

Thank you in advance for any thoughts / recommendations.

From past experience, I have learned it is better to let other users do Evernote's Quality Control.

When I see an update, I save it in Evernote and move the create date out 1 month and wait.

http://www.evernote.com/l/AAJ2zLoKsPpIFqqCgGdwRaMpDUG7G0cXnHg/

I'll lurk through the forum looking for comments. 

If nothing major pops up, I'll do the upgrade at the end of February.

If there are several negative posts in the forum, I'll push the upgrade date out another month.

The updates over the past year have not been impressive, so I have no problems waiting.

From past experience, I have learned it is better to let other users do Evernote's Quality Control.

When I see an update, I save it in Evernote and move the create date out 1 month and wait.

http://www.evernote.com/l/AAJ2zLoKsPpIFqqCgGdwRaMpDUG7G0cXnHg/

I'll lurk through the forum looking for comments

If nothing major pops up, I'll do the upgrade at the end of February.

If there are several negative posts in the forum, I'll push the upgrade date out another month.

The updates over the past year have not been impressive, so I have no problems waiting.

Howdy, jbenson2:

Understood... and appreciate your astute suggestion.

~ Alan

I have been using it today and i believe the sync issues are fixed. However tags that I lost due to previous sync issues still aren't found. So I have been renaming them, and linking a new tag with the old name to my ntoes and then resyncing.  Wish I had waited on the last version. :)  But i can say I haven't had any sync issues today at all.

• Level 5*

Been using the new release for 3 days now and all I've noticed is that the note title is back to its former size.  Everything else working as before in my world, so a good thing.  But I don't use any of the business features and syncing has been fine for me.

Hopefully no jinx attached to this post.   :rolleyes:

I think I am experiencing fewer freezes than with previous versions, despite it being a few months now since I initiated a database rebuild. I have about 12.5K notes in a 5 GB exb file and the lockups used to be frequent enough that I'd have to go away and do something else!

Howdy Power User Members:

Anyone have any feedback PRO or CON?

• UPDATE:  Win 5.8.3.6507 GA Release Notes

~ Alan

Hi,

I updated my working install, and that's on 3 different computers, 2 running the Windows 10 preview and this one I am writing on that is Windows 8.1   All 3 had working Evernote, and it's a big part of things I do, and yes I'm here because it's failed to restart for me on this Windows 8.1 install.   I have not a clue as to why.  It is a good tool, and this is the first time I've ever posted here due to it just works.  What other 'clues' will you need or is there a link I need to visit first?   I have just downloaded and tried the latest version again this AM before posting here in frustration.  I of course will update this post with any new news, hopefully good that I can share.

Guy

• Level 5*

Hi,

I updated my working install, and that's on 3 different computers, 2 running the Windows 10 preview and this one I am writing on that is Windows 8.1   All 3 had working Evernote, and it's a big part of things I do, and yes I'm here because it's failed to restart for me on this Windows 8.1 install.   I have not a clue as to why.  It is a good tool, and this is the first time I've ever posted here due to it just works.  What other 'clues' will you need or is there a link I need to visit first?   I have just downloaded and tried the latest version again this AM before posting here in frustration.  I of course will update this post with any new news, hopefully good that I can share.

Guy

Sometimes when problems occur after the installation of a new release the solution is to use Revo to completely uninstall EN and then re install with a download from the web site.  May not be your issue, but just in case.

Hi,

Guy

Sometimes when problems occur after the installation of a new release the solution is to use Revo to completely uninstall EN and then re install with a download from the web site.  May not be your issue, but just in case.

For those not familiar with Revo Uninstaller... this LINK is pointed to a trustworthy software repository (incl. freeware) where you can download the software and also have the benefit of Power User reviews.

~ Alan

• Level 5*

Hi,

It works now, Windows had an update and now Evernote is back working again.  This is resolved but I haven't made that designation as a noobie I don't know how that is done on this forum.

I think you can edit the note and add RESOLVED:  to the front of the note title.  Or a moderator has to do it...

Archived