Undo a sync?

• Level 5

Double check the information using your browser to sign on to your account at Evernote.com

That is master copy of your data after the sync is complete.

If it is still missing, the only solution is to use your most recent backup copy of Evernote. (before the change was made)

• Level 5*

Help!

I made changes to a note while off-line, then when I went on-line and synced, my changes got thrown out! How do I undo this? (restore my note to the previous version).

Thanks!

If you are a Premium account owner, previous versions of the Note might in the Note History.

In EN Mac, you can access this by going to Evernote > Note > Note History.

• 3 years later...

I'd like to point out that this is a real problem with Evernote. Please provide the functionality to undo a sync in this exact case where changes made to an offline version of the note are overwritten and LOST FOREVER by a sync with an older version. After all, there's no "save" functionality with Evernote.

I'm a Premium member, and went back through my version history, but changes made off-line were not available in version history. At least if Evernote made available the note version prior to sync then I'd have the option to import it as the true "latest" version and sync the contents to all of my devices.

• Level 5*
5 hours ago, Szedwa said:

I'd like to point out that this is a real problem with Evernote. Please provide the functionality to undo a sync in this exact case where changes made to an offline version of the note are overwritten and LOST FOREVER by a sync with an older version.

Doesn't this result in a note conflict? That's the very reason that note conflicts exist.

• Level 5*
11 hours ago, Szedwa said:

Please provide the functionality to undo a sync

Like a Note History backup on each device.

Evernote's focus is on backups at the server level; you could investigate implementing personal backups on your device. 

Archived