How to merge contents of 2 different notebook accounts into one of them

Could anyone teach me how to get the result i am looking for on a step by step point form?

Thank you

I don't know what you mean by "notebook accounts".  And, it's helpful to mention what OSes you're using, when asking for help.

Are you wanting to transfer the notes from one notebook to another? 

Or are you wanting to move the notes from one EN account to another EN account?

What OS?

to BurgersNFries,

Thank you for your fast response.

I have Windows 7 Home 64-bit.

I have 2 notebooks with 100 and 200 hundred notes on each one of them.

I want to have the 300 notes on one of the 2 notebooks. What are the steps to accomplish that?

Also, would that merge count against my 60Mb/month allocation in my free account? In which case, to which account?  the one that receives the import?

Thank you again 

Note:

I have a difficulty differentiating notebooks and accounts, so please let me know how to do both i.e.

1. transfer the notes from one notebook to another

2. move the notes from one EN account to another EN account

Hi. I'm just going to jump in for a moment as I believe BurgerNFries is likely going to ask what I am. Do you have two seperate Evernote Accounts, or just two Notebooks? (A single account can hold up to 250 Notebooks.) I realize there is a bit of a language barrier here, but you really need to clarify if you own two separate Evernote accounts or not.

Think of it like having two bank accounts with the same bank. One is your for your business and the other for your household. *And please don't take offense...this is the only way I could think of to explain what I mean.*

Say business has hit some rough times and you need to somehow infuse some capital into it. So, do you wish to move all the funds out of your household account into the business one and close the household one? (Maybe you have an eccentric rich relative who is willing to help you meet your living expenses, but hates your business so refuses to help in that way.) Or do you just want to merge two outgoing monthly payments from one of the accounts because you've refinanced and consolidated your business debts and now pay one creditor every month instead of four different ones?

Again, I hope that didn't offend...and to be clear having more than one Evernote account is fine. Lot's of people do, but the answer is needed so you can recieve the right kind of assistance. I hope that makes sense to you. :)

to BurgersNFries,

I want to have the 300 notes on one of the 2 notebooks. What are the steps to accomplish that?

Also, would that merge count against my 60Mb/month allocation in my free account? In which case, to which account? the one that receives the import?

Thank you again

Note:

I have a difficulty differentiating notebooks and accounts, so please let me know how to do both i.e.

• Level 5*

* Pick a notebook in the notebook list. You're now seeing all of the notes in the notebook in your note list.

* Click on a note in the note list, and press Ctrl+A. Now all of the notes in that notebook are selected.

* You can either drag those notes to the other notebook, or click on the "Move to notebook" menu item in the note panel. Now all of those notes are in the same notebook.

This won't count against your upload limit.

Moving the notes to a different account entirely is a different topic. You can share the notes with the other account, and then try moving them (as above), though that probably won't work unless the shared notebook is shared as writeable, or you can just copy them (similar to above). You could also just export the notebook to Evernote format (you wind up with a single file on disk) and then import it into the other account.

Hi. I'm just going to jump in for a moment as I believe BurgerNFries is likely going to ask what I am. Do you have two seperate Evernote Accounts, or just two Notebooks? (A single account can hold up to 250 Notebooks.) I realize there is a bit of a language barrier here, but you really need to clarify if you own two separate Evernote accounts or not.

Think of it like having two bank accounts with the same bank. One is your for your business and the other for your household. *And please don't take offense...this is the only way I could think of to explain what I mean.*

Say business has hit some rough times and you need to somehow infuse some capital into it. So, do you wish to move all the funds out of your household account into the business one and close the household one? (Maybe you have an eccentric rich relative who is willing to help you meet your living expenses, but hates your business so refuses to help in that way.) Or do you just want to merge two outgoing monthly payments from one of the accounts because you've refinanced and consolidated your business debts and now pay one creditor every month instead of four different ones?

Again, I hope that didn't offend...and to be clear having more than one Evernote account is fine. Lot's of people do, but the answer is needed so you can recieve the right kind of assistance. I hope that makes sense to you. :)

to BurgersNFries,

Also, would that merge count against my 60Mb/month allocation in my free account? In which case, to which account? the one that receives the import?

Thank you again

Note:

In response to Wordsgood now:
I have two notebooks:  alterego45 and zerozero00  .. 100 notes on one account and 200 notes on the other one.
Also each notebook belongs to a different EN account

Thank you

In response to Wordsgood now:

I have two notebooks:  alterego45 and zerozero00  .. 100 notes on one account and 200 notes on the other one.

Also each notebook belongs to a different EN account

Thank you

Jeff explained how to move notes between notebooks. If that doesn't answer your question(s), I would suggest you submit a support ticket. See my signature.

Ok, so to summarize what I think is happening:

One user

Two Accounts

One notebook in each account (for a total of two notebooks). 

The user wants these notes consolidated under one account. 

I think support would definitely be the route to go to get walked through this process. 

• Ex Employees

* Pick a notebook in the notebook list. You're now seeing all of the notes in the notebook in your note list.

* Click on a note in the note list, and press Ctrl+A. Now all of the notes in that notebook are selected.

* You can either drag those notes to the other notebook, or click on the "Move to notebook" menu item in the note panel. Now all of those notes are in the same notebook.

This won't count against your upload limit.

Moving the notes to a different account entirely is a different topic. You can share the notes with the other account, and then try moving them (as above), though that probably won't work unless the shared notebook is shared as writeable, or you can just copy them (similar to above). You could also just export the notebook to Evernote format (you wind up with a single file on disk) and then import it into the other account.

You can find these steps in this Evernote Knowledge Base article as well: http://evernote.com/contact/support/kb/#!/article/23311712

• 4 months later...

Archived