(Archived) Evernote Market button obtrusive

SMY

I like the idea of Evernote Market but am not happy that it is at the top of the menu in Android, above Notes and Notebooks. Actually that is an understatement, it really pisses me off. I would like to see it moved down to the bottom, just above Explore Evernote.

• Level 5*

I honestly had to search for the icon - I didn't initially think there was one;  and then I got the "working hard to bring the Market to your region" message so I don't even get the content!  It's not a major deal for me,  but there have been a couple of other comments about users who paid for Premium access were doing so to browse without advertising.  Evernote might be pushing the boundaries...

• Level 5*

Yeah, I noticed this after the update. Thought that putting it at the top without being able to remove it (even premium users) was a little much. Particularly on a space-limited smartphone. I can remove it on Windows, though, curiously.

Agreed @smy I came looking for this thread or one like it when I noticed that the market still has the "top spot" or "premium position" on Android after the latest update

I pay Evernote to take notes. I understand that they might want to force the unwary into the marketplace to create some exposure for their products, but that should not be the case for ppl with premium subscriptions. 

They way they have placed promotional items on the Android app is horribly un-intuitive:

Which are among three most commonly used buttons on the app? Notes, Search, Sync?

Let's see how they have made them hard to miss (more so if you have been tapping there for months by muscle memory)...9%20October%202013%20122013%20GMT%2B0530

Since the Market doesn't operate in the UK we have the double whammy of a completely useless button that also intrudes on the user experience.

I'd rather it go altogether, but at the very least please add my name to the requests to dump the button to somewhere less intrusive.

• 2 weeks later...

Fantastic, great job Everdudes! In Android version 5.4.2 the market button has been moved down to the bottom, just above Explore Evernote.

Now I just have to wait for the market to be available in my country ... as Phil says in the podcasts "soon".

Archived