Has the eraser gone?

foxyroxy

I'm sure I used to be able to remove parts of a line for example in the old skitch, but can't find an eraser tool anywhere. I want to make a dashed line, but I can't see an option to create a dashed line, and now I can't find a way to remove parts of a solid line to make it dashed.

Am I missing something obvious??

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Please bring back the eraser! I must not be using Skitch much anymore since I just noticed it's missing, but now I have to look for another tool. I want to be able to use Skitch like a physical notepad--drawing and erasing at will!

• 4 weeks later...

Please explain in detail exactly how I remove one or all of the Skitch annotations I placed on a note. In addition since I must of misssed it, please refer me to some support page which also describes this convoluted process. 

• 3 months later...

Agreed--without an eraser this app just lost it's usefulness.  I understand simplicity, but no eraser?  Its like saying you can only delete entire sentences instead of individual letters....no thanks. 

(The "fill" option I am less concerned about, but that also seems unwise to omit)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Removal of the eraser? What on earth were you thinking? I've just started using Skitch and assumed I was just missing something obvious in not being able to erase anything. It's a fundamental part, and when I'm trying to jot handwritten things alongside images and making a mistake deleting the entire section is not a viable option. 

• 1 month later...

February 2013: "We may bring it back." 

June 8, 2015: NO ERASER!!

What is wrong with this picture?! I feel like I am in some strange movie.....maybe called "Back to the Future."

Very disappointed in Duluth, Minnesota

• 2 weeks later...

There been a Lot of Changes .

1. You can't remove out lines from around text.
  2. You can't adjust outline of text colors.
    All colors are supposed to be a Contrasting Color
    on Dark Background Outlines should be light,
    on Light background they should be Dark

Even some of the menu choices are gone at one time  there was a Colored square with an Outline That is missing.

For a while my Preference was Skitch but there are others Sucks as MonoSnap, SnapDrag, SnagIt Mac, Voila. All have unique Features most do more than Skitch. 

If Evernote: Doesn't watch out and keep feature set up. Then Skitch will end up with Great promise and become but a footnote in History. 

My advice to Evernote is download all these other snapshot utilities and see what they have got going for them and create something that will smoke all of them. Voila will be the one really to beat because it can do not only snapshots but also Video That can converted to vimeo HTML5 Videos which don't look fuzzy and out of focus. 

• 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Archived