(Archived) REQUEST: [Several]

Hello,

I know this is probably not the right place to make requests, however I would like to get this out there. If possible, I would like to request in later updates a couple of features.

1. Better integration with One-Note and possibly SkyDrive. I use Evernote for personal use as it is a remarkably robust, simple, and straightforward application. At work however, I am tethered to Microsoft and must use MS OneNote 2010. While I like One Note as well, I would like to retain Evernote for personal use as it works better for what I need. To make a more specific example of what I want, I would like to start my Evernote Mac Desktop application and automatically pull my OneNote notebooks off of SkyDrive. Once I am ready to quit or if its done automatically, I would like to have the SkyDrive OneNote Notebooks reflect those modifications.

2. Source Code syntax highlighting / source code annotation. I am a software engineer and one issue that I can never resolve is how to annotate source code beyond in-code comments. I would be forever grateful if I could drag a source code file into an Evernote Note and it would show up into the note like an image with searchable text. That would enable me to draw, tag, label, clip, or whatever I need to do to annotate the code. This would allow me to save cool code snippits that I constantly reuse and also I would be able to remember why I found it interesting in the first place. Additionally, if you could save the original snippet or the source file, then you could simply plug the code back into another project. I currently use TOhtml in Vim, then import it into OneNote. This works but could be solved much more elegantly.

3. Latex support. Writing notes in a math class is tough. I normally write it in latex, then import the pdf into Evernote. Support for latex equations would be unbelievable.

4. More consideration as a professional engineering tool. One aspect of engineering which seems overlooked is the constant need for organization and documentation. Evernote has tools which make that much nicer, but perhaps a little more consideration in this regard could help. Topics could include integration with git, collaboration potential, etc.

As I said, these are purely recommendations. These would all require extensive work and are perhaps outside of the scope of what this application is intended to do. Thanks for your time.

Thanks.

Marvin

And if you want to keep trying to get them implemented, here are my suggestions:

1. Search the forums for each of those topics ("onenote," "skydrive," "latex," etc.). You'll see existing discussions on the topics and can add your voice there, in unified discussions that are more likely to be referred back to by other users who want what you do or Evernote staff if/when they want to go back and see user input on these topics.

2. If you have a feature request that hasn't been requested before, start a new topic with just that request and a related topic title, so people know what the discussion is about and can build off it from there without getting sidetracked.

For the love of Pete!

Please add a means to create a new notebook form the note editor UI.

I like Evernote and I'm sure once I have all my notebooks established it will be great. but clipping to a new notebook is a really annoying process.

• Level 5*
For the love of Pete!

Please add a means to create a new notebook form the note editor UI.

I like Evernote and I'm sure once I have all my notebooks established it will be great. but clipping to a new notebook is a really annoying process.

For the love of Pete (who seems to get or need a lot of it), please specify the Evernote client you are discussing when you make feature requests, and make those requests in the appropriate forum (i.e., if you are talkin gabout the Windows client, then make your request there)..

• Level 5*
please specify the Evernote client you are discussing when you make feature requests, and make those requests in the appropriate forum (i.e., if you are talkin gabout the Windows client, then make your request there)..

So where would you make a request for a feature that you want in all EN clients, or more than one client?

• Level 5*

Putting my Psychic Forums User's hat on, I'd take a wild guess and say that the "General Discussion About Evernote" forum would be the forum where you'd want to discuss topics that cover more than one client, calling out specific clients of interest if there are any.

• 3 months later...

I'd like to see two features added to the left mouse button pop up menu when in note fields:

1. A Date/Time: feature. I believe many people keep updating one note with new notes. Having a feature that quickly posts todays date and time followed by a colon would help facilitate that. For example:

07.12.12: 04:20 PM: Remember to write suggestion to Evernote people.

07.04.12: 07:10 AM: Find out about fireworks tonight.

2. An insert comment feature. A feature that would facilitate the insertion of one line of text with a grey horizontal line above and below it. This would facilitate the insertion of comments in existing or new notes. I often do this to insert a comment as to why I wanted to save the note in question. For example:

Saved this article because it is a good example of how crazy people recommend strange features to online software.

Thank you to whoever is listening.

PS -- Evernote is a godsend!

• 2 weeks later...

The LaTeX typesetting option is now possible.

Eatags is an application that improves your notes with some automated actions. If you want to create a Table of Contents for your note you tag it with eat.tag . After synchronizing the note the Table of Contents will appear.

If you tag a note with eat.latex after synchronizing it your latex code will be converted to an image. Type $$\int x^2$$ for example.

Please register to Eatags.com for testing.

PS: Eatags has been developed as part of Evernote DevCup. Just to mention it is a concept proof that will improve with coming versions.

• 9 months later...

I installed eatags and linked it to my EN account yesterday. Now my MAC client is hosed. It is in constant synch and will not stop any way other than a force quit of EN. I have tried revoking EAT and have deleted and reinstalled EN without success. Avoid EATAGS as it appears to be (probably unintentionally, malware.

Archived