(Archived) Where is EN stored on my HD ?

Mata Hari

Idea

26 replies to this idea

Thus spoke Minky:

That is because I have been using EN for a while and have a lot of text there which I would like to keep. I know of no easy way to transfer it to Word.

You were given this piece of advice in another thread:

I wonder how to transfer to Word alltogether

cmd A, cmd C, cmd V. Rinse, repeat.

Thus spoke Minky:

But in the beginning (i e when I was green and unriped)

You know, I am so not even going there. Not that I couldn't. Just that this is a business oriented forum.

Good grief, me and Minki are in agreement. I don't know whether to be overjoyed or dismayed.

And here I thought I experienced my first earthquake. Guess I can get out of the doorway, now.

• Level 5*

Absolutely, you should choose the correct tool for the job. If you are writing long pieces of text then I believe there are better solutions than Evernote.

Good grief, me and Minki are in agreement. I don't know whether to be overjoyed or dismayed.

Thus spoke BurgersNFries

We're all wondering why Minky, who has repeatedly dissed EN & it's employees and favors Word over EN &
continues to taunt us with threats to abandon EN forever, needs to backup his EN to a USB drive.

That is because I have been using EN for a while and have a lot of text there which I would like to keep. I know of no easy way to transfer it to Word.

Nowadays I am not using EN except for jotting down a few casual words or a www adress.

But in the beginning (i e when I was green and unriped) I used it just like a word processor for long texts and I realized it is not good for that.

The others here are just having fun. They should be outed from this Forum.

Having fun is against the rules? What kind of silly forum is this?!? You're even allowed to have fun in the Apple Forums.

All hail Metrodon!

Indeed, Metrodon is AWESOME! (At least one thing Minky & I agree on.)

Still waiting for the story ending...

We're all wondering why Minky, who has repeatedly dissed EN & it's employees and favors Word over EN & continues to taunt us with threats to abandon EN forever, needs to backup his EN to a USB drive...

It's kind of like wondering why our dogs bark week after week, year after year at the yard guy.

Thus spoke Metrodon

If you have a Premium Evernote account then you have access to Note History.
I am awesome aren't I?

Knowing the trick with Library, I can save different version of EN, f ex Evernote-Jan10, Evernote-Jan12 etc

Or I can use the Time Machine in my Mac. So what do I need Note History for ?

Yes - Metrodone is awesome.

The others here are just having fun. They should be outed from this Forum.

• Level 5*

Yes Metrodon. I had to use Go command + Option, since Library is invisible. But I found it.

Hail Metrodon !

Using Time Machine on Mac, the problem with History versions is thus solved

I don't remember what solution EN had on this problem. Do you ?

Apple decided to hide the Library folder in Lion - it is very well documented.

If you have a Premium Evernote account then you have access to Note History.

I am awesome aren't I?

Yes Metrodon. I had to use Go command + Option, since Library is invisible. But I found it.

Hail Metrodon !

Using Time Machine on Mac, the problem with History versions is thus solved

I don't remember what solution EN had on this problem. Do you ?

Thus spoke Grumpy:the export command exports your data. what is crappy about it?

Well Grumpy, I would never use that export command. It does not preserve the hierarchy, i e the folder structure. Exporting gives you a lot of files and when you import, your folder structure is lost. Crappy. That is the word to describe EN. I regret I learned all this ***** and invested time in it. Now I have lots of text there which I would need to transfer to Word, never ever to return to EN and all the addicts on this Forum.

Archived