Jump to content
  • 2
Kevin_EN

Internal Links to Tags

Idea

Feature suggestion: Hyperlinks/internal links to tags so that a reference to a tag could be inserted into another evernote note. This would allow you to reference the items that have been tagged with a specific tag in a longer note by clicking on the tag link. 

This might be enabled by having a "Copy internal link" function on a tag (from the navigator pane) which creates a URL for the tag of the form "evernote:///...", much as it is done for internal links to notes.

The internal link to the tag could then be inserted into notes, word documents, etc., like any other internal link.

When clicked, evernote would bring up a navigator of the notes having the tag, just as it would do if the tag were clicked from the favorites, tag view, or navigator pane.

(Note that this is not the same use case as tagging the note with a tag, which, yes, I know I can do. The tag would be accessed within the flow of the document in association with explanatory text).

Share this post


Link to post

4 replies to this idea

Recommended Posts

  • 0
2 hours ago, Kevin_EN said:

This might be enabled by having a "Copy internal link" function on a tag (from the navigator pane) which creates a URL for the tag of the form "evernote:///...", much as it is done for internal links to notes.

I added my vote

Currently, there are no internal-links to Tags, Notebooks, or Saved Searches
My work around is to insert the search arguments into the note text; for example tag:aaaaaa   
To activate, this requires a copy/paste to the search box

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
6 hours ago, Kevin_EN said:

(Note that this is not the same use case as tagging the note with a tag, which, yes, I know I can do. The tag would be accessed within the flow of the document in association with explanatory text).

You can kind of do this today.  If you hover to the right of a tag in the note header a small caret appears.  Click on that caret and all notes in the current context with that tag appear.  FWIW.

Image.png.c77ebe455c869dd7387ac416e365ced7.png

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

A more general bit of functionality would be the ability to embed searches as links. Tags would then automatically be covered, including multi-tag filters. A similar request has already been made for this: 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
On 3/19/2020 at 2:53 PM, jefito said:

A more general bit of functionality would be the ability to embed searches as links. Tags would then automatically be covered, including multi-tag filters. A similar request has already been made for this: 

Good point, jefito - I would support the more general feature of searches-as-links, too.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...