Not intuitive behavior

Hello,

In evernote web there is a non intuitive behavior. In the clients, I can click on the notebook name and I can change the notebook of the note. In Firefox for windows 10, when I click the notebook it simply refreshes the page - this should not happen.

For moving to a new notebook I need to go to the 3 dot menu, and select move note - an extra click. But also, the list that appears are all my notebooks without their stack, meaning a big confusion when i have 200 notebooks (I dont use tags).

Also, the text is very hard to read in the note list because it is grey and the font is not very easy on the eyes. Check the last updated text on the screenshot.

Evernote web.png

• Like 4
  • Level 5*
On 10/1/2019 at 12:23 AM, alexandremrj said:

In evernote web there is a non intuitive behavior.

Is this a question of being intuitive, or learned behaviour?

I do agree that the notebook functions should all be located at the same spot.  I shouldn't have to go looking for three dots.

I'd prefer a dropdown list next to the notebook parameter; similar to the tags 823011085_ScreenShot2019-10-04at06_11_42.png.48160ebce6da2fcb9170656aa9483e80.png

• No problem with "Move to Notebook" being one of the list items
  • Filter by notebook should be one of the list items

>>i have 200 notebooks (I dont use tags)

Not the best practice for this service

• Like 1
On 10/4/2019 at 1:36 PM, DTLow said:

Not the best practice for this service

Sorry, but here in the forums you will see people that love notebooks and others that love tags, so that discussion is not something to enter.

The main problem is there must be a system, if you allow me to stack, then show me stacks. If you allow multi-levels in tags, then you must show multi-level in tags.

• Thanks 1
  • Level 5*
11 hours ago, alexandremrj said:

The main problem is there must be a system, if you allow me to stack, then show me stacks. If you allow multi-levels in tags, then you must show multi-level in tags.

I use the notebook/tag trees in the sidebar
No tag tree yet, but I'm sure it's coming (I submitted a missing post)

I'm used to flat lists. 
For the tag-picker, I type the first few characters and get a short list to select from.
I adjusted my naming standard to work with this; tag-names are prefixed - for example Colour, Colour-Red, Colour-Blue

>>Sorry, but here in the forums you will see people that love notebooks and others that love tags, so that discussion is not something to enter.

I use both notebooks and tags; they each have a function in Evernote
Tags are my primary organization tool
I use Notebooks to identify notes as
- private/shared
- online/local
- default inbox