Premium vs. Business

Joanne S

Hi,

I'm currently using Evernote's free basic tier and am considering moving to premium or business. I am currently sharing work with other colleagues who have their own separate free basic accounts. If I upgrade to premium or business, would they have to as well ?  

How do admin privileges work in premium or business? Since we pay by the team member by the month, would I have the ability to cancel people's subscription/access when they no longer are working on the project under premium or is this only offered through the business tier subscriptions? 

Thank you,

Joanne S

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, Joanne S said:

I am currently sharing work with other colleagues who have their own separate free basic accounts. If I upgrade to premium or business, would they have to as well ?  

Premium accounts work well with Basic accounts via the shared notebook feature

>>How do admin privileges work in premium or business?

Premium accounts are completely independent; there is no admin.  A shared notebook is owned by a single account who sets access allowances 

• Level 5

With Business, each team member gets practically 2 accounts:

• 1 Business, that is strong on sharing / cowork through a feature called „Spaces“, and controlled by an admin
  • 1 Premium, that comes along and is meant to be used for personal stuff

The content in the Business account is regarded as company property. If a team member leaves, the admin can revoke access, redistribute the content etc. Typically a group of members will work on each Space, containing a group of notebooks, and each team member will have access to several spaces needed for his work. By defining the Spaces and the membership to them, access is controlled on a pretty high level. There are other features like work chat, shared templates and tags.

When somebody leaves a company with EN Business, he can switch the Premium Account to an account independent from the Business account. Through this he can take his personal data with him, go on with a paying account or downgrade to basic if this is enough.

Basic accounts work together with Business as well, for example for peripheric functions like giving suppliers access to data prepared for them. This works via sharing, like it works with Premium accounts on a personal level.

Before switching to Business, it makes a lot of sense to really set it up on a logical level. It is easy to play with it on paper, but when it gets filled with data and is in daily use, changes are difficult and tend to throw workflows off course. Maybe think about getting a certified EN consultant for a quick start.