Jump to content
  • 0
Matteo Girotto

MEMOS visualization

Idea

Dear,

 

I think i'd be more confortable to have memo directly shown on note highlights instead of leaving it in a dedicated list.

In addition, I'd add an option which allows to consider the memo as done once the note is move to another folder.

For instance: I set a note with a memo call "Task " in the folder TASKS TBD"

Once the Task is completed I'd move it to folder TASKS DONE and would love that the memo is set to done status.

 

 

 

 

 

 

memo.PNG

Share this post


Link to post

5 replies to this idea

Recommended Posts

  • 0
6 minutes ago, Matteo Girotto said:

note highlights instead of leaving it in a dedicated list.

It's not completely clear where you would have these "highlights"

I use the search feature to produce dedicated lists, for example Outstanding Tasks, Completed Tasks, ...
The dedicated list is the highlight.

>>Once the Task is completed I'd move it to folder TASKS DONE and would love that the memo is set to done status.

For my use, the task is already set to done status just by the fact it's located in the Tasks Done notebook 
btw  I  make use of the Reminder feature.  It has a completed status with date/time.  I don't move my tasks to different folders.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

I try to rephrase a little bit bettet

I think i'd be more confortable to have reminders directly shown on note highlights instead of leaving them in a dedicated list.

In addition, when a task is associated to a reminder, I'd add an option which allows to consider the reminder as done once the note is moved to another folder.

For instance: I set a note with a reminder called "Task " in the folder TASKS TBD"

Once the Task is completed I'd move it to folder TASKS DONE and would love that the reminder is set to done.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
21 hours ago, Matteo Girotto said:

In addition, when a task is associated to a reminder, I'd add an option which allows to consider the reminder as done once the note is moved to another folder.

For instance: I set a note with a reminder called "Task " in the folder TASKS TBD"

Once the Task is completed I'd move it to folder TASKS DONE and would love that the reminder is set to done.

I believe this part is theoretically doable with Autohotkey for Windows, it would just require some elbow grease effort to create the necessary script.  Debugging, may be challenging since Evernote has an issue with response time to scripts.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
14 hours ago, Don Dz said:

I believe this part is theoretically doable with Autohotkey for Windows, it would just require some elbow grease effort to create the necessary script.  Debugging, may challenging since Evernote has an issue with response time to scripts.

Could be done for sure with PhraseExpress and no doubt for AHK.  Putting short lags/delays in the "scripts" help address varying response times.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
19 hours ago, Matteo Girotto said:

Once the Task is completed I'd move it to folder TASKS DONE and would love that the reminder is set to done.

I could do this with a "completed" script (Applescript) on my Mac
- move to notebook 
- set reminder to done
- assign tag

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...