Easy way to copy Stack & Notebooks to another account?

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, Mr Jumbo Guy said:

I have some stacks and notebooks that I would like to copy to my other Evernote account. How do I do that?

Stacks don't transfer between accounts.

Two choices with notebooks;

1. Share each notebook
  2. Export/import each notebook
  • Level 5*

A little further to @DTLow's response...

The question is this: do you want to copy notebooks to a different account, or do you want to move notebooks to a different account?

With respect to copying, you can share a notebook to another notebook, such that changes in the original notebook are mirrored into the shared copy. You can also set it up such that changes in the shared copy are mirrored back to the original notebook. Your choice.

With respect to moving, you'll need a desktop client (windows or Mac) for each of the source and destination. You'd export each notebook to its own individual file (on Windows, it's a .enex file), and then import those into your destination account. At this point, you'd have a static (i.e., non-synced) copy in your destination account; once you've verified that everything has copied over correctly, then you could delete the originals from the source account, making this a move operation.

There are some gotchas with export/import. One is that note links are broken, if you use them. There are others, I think, but I can't recall them off the top of my head.

On 6/5/2018 at 1:59 AM, jefito said:

A little further to @DTLow's response...

The question is this: do you want to copy notebooks to a different account, or do you want to move notebooks to a different account?

With respect to copying, you can share a notebook to another notebook, such that changes in the original notebook are mirrored into the shared copy. You can also set it up such that changes in the shared copy are mirrored back to the original notebook. Your choice.

With respect to moving, you'll need a desktop client (windows or Mac) for each of the source and destination. You'd export each notebook to its own individual file (on Windows, it's a .enex file), and then import those into your destination account. At this point, you'd have a static (i.e., non-synced) copy in your destination account; once you've verified that everything has copied over correctly, then you could delete the originals from the source account, making this a move operation.

There are some gotchas with export/import. One is that note links are broken, if you use them. There are others, I think, but I can't recall them off the top of my head.

Wanted to share. How do I do that? :)

Archived