Active note in sidebar keeps blinking

Currently on 7.02 on MacOS.

When in snippet view, the active note's sidebar snippet is lightly shaded in gray. OK, that's nice. But it keeps blinking! As in, when you're working in the note, the snippet shading keeps going off (turning to white) for a second every few seconds. So it's alternating between white background (like all notes) and shaded background. This is really distracting and annoying!

Anyone else in here seeing that?

Where's the quality control for pete's sake!

Yes! Software just updated yesterday and now the snippet view, active note, blinks constantly while I'm typing. Don't know if it is related to the note syncing or just the typing but it's a HORRENDOUS visual distraction, like a little strobe light. I use Evernote all day long but this is making me cringe and not want to use it. Evernote Support, please help! 7.02, Mac

On 05/03/2018 at 8:05 PM, Blork said:

Currently on 7.02 on MacOS.

When in snippet view, the active note's sidebar snippet is lightly shaded in gray. OK, that's nice. But it keeps blinking! As in, when you're working in the note, the snippet shading keeps going off (turning to white) for a second every few seconds. So it's alternating between white background (like all notes) and shaded background. This is really distracting and annoying!

Anyone else in here seeing that?

Yes, same here. Should be fixed, for sure.

On 05/03/2018 at 8:05 PM, Blork said:

Where's the quality control for pete's sake!

No need for drama. Open the note you're working on in a separate window, minimize the main one and you'll be fine.

Seriously? I jump back and forth between notes every few seconds. Your solution is a cop out. There's no "drama" in expecting a company with the kind of resources that Evernote has to do a bit of QA.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, Blork said:

the kind of resources that Evernote has

Can you provide more detail on Evernote's resources
I know Evernote has over 200 million users; but most of them are unwilling to pay for any development work

15 hours ago, Blork said:

Seriously? I jump back and forth between notes every few seconds. Your solution is a cop out. There's no "drama" in expecting a company with the kind of resources that Evernote has to do a bit of QA.

Yes, seriously. It will be fixed, in the meantime you have several options. Another one is to switch to card view, as suggested by @elpaquete

I have the same issue. With sidebar in snippet view and editing a note (I'm guessing as it's saving in the background), the dark grey selection highlight blinks white-then-grey. It looks like it's being unselected and reselected as I type. It's solid grey when not editing. In card view it blinks with the upload icon, which isn't bad, but the blinking is still a bit distracting. In list view it's fine, so that's what I've been using. 

It seems like a small issue but I find it very distracting when trying to focus on writing. 

Evernote info:

Version 7.0.2 (456267 App Store)
Editor: 1.38.3824 (68bd1c0)

Screen Shot 2018-03-09 at 11.57.15 AM.png

I'm in full agreement with @blork, this is super annoying and unnecessary. Let's ditch it right away before it becomes a thing. I kept syncing thinking it would go away but of course that wasn't it. 

Thanks Evernote for getting rid of this usability bug. 

Just chiming in that the blinking snippet is incredibly annoying. I know there are work arounds, but I've been using Evernote in a certain way for a long time and shouldn't have to change the way I work because of a UI annoyance. This needs to be fixed. 

Version 7.0.2 (456266 Direct)

46 minutes ago, AlwaysBreaking said:

Just chiming in that the blinking snippet is incredibly annoying. I know there are work arounds, but I've been using Evernote in a certain way for a long time and shouldn't have to change the way I work because of a UI annoyance. This needs to be fixed. 

Version 7.0.2 (456266 Direct)

This.

Also nice username.  It accurately describes the Evernote Mac application...always breaking. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived